Minetest logo

IRC log for #minetest-dev, 2017-06-03

| Channels | #minetest-dev index | Today | | Google Search | Plaintext

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:04 bigfoot547 joined #minetest-dev
00:40 RiverOtter joined #minetest-dev
01:18 Tmanyo joined #minetest-dev
01:26 Wuzzy2 joined #minetest-dev
01:29 ssieb joined #minetest-dev
01:38 rubenwardy possible bug with 3D mode: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.ph​p?f=3&t=17782&p=274670#p274670
01:38 rubenwardy unconfirmed
01:46 Wuzzy2 joined #minetest-dev
01:56 octacian joined #minetest-dev
01:56 Wuzzy2 joined #minetest-dev
02:12 Wuzzy2 Do you know what movement_liquid_fluidity_smooth is for?
02:17 kaeza joined #minetest-dev
03:05 torgdor joined #minetest-dev
03:56 srifqi joined #minetest-dev
03:59 srifqi rubenwardy, I can confirm that 3D modes bug.
05:38 YuGiOhJCJ joined #minetest-dev
05:51 nerzhul joined #minetest-dev
06:11 nerzhul merging #5884 in ~10 mins
06:11 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5884 -- Mention data type for get_attribute/set_attribute in Lua API documentation by Wuzzy2
06:25 nerzhul merging also #5848 in ~10 mins
06:26 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5848 -- Tooltips: Unify the tooltip[] and list[] description tooltip display functions by SmallJoker
07:04 DS-minetest joined #minetest-dev
07:33 Hunterz joined #minetest-dev
08:18 AntumD joined #minetest-dev
08:32 Raven262 joined #minetest-dev
08:34 DS-minetest joined #minetest-dev
08:53 nerzhul !tell paramat see #5889
08:53 ShadowBot nerzhul: O.K.
08:55 cx384 joined #minetest-dev
09:19 SG9kb3I joined #minetest-dev
09:25 SG9kb3I Is it just me or does anyone else dislike "negative" functions? E.g. https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/5889/f​iles#diff-f4dada645aa2c6343e16a20b047c07c5R1094
09:26 SG9kb3I nerzhul, if that was bool MapgenParams::saoWithinLimits(const v3f &p) const  then the implementation could also, probably, take advantage of shortcut evaluation more effectively
09:27 SG9kb3I apart from that the PR LGTM
09:32 SG9kb3I https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/5889/f​iles#diff-f4dada645aa2c6343e16a20b047c07c5R1082       <-- that can't underflow can it?
09:48 kilbith joined #minetest-dev
09:55 nerzhul no
09:58 nerzhul apk is okay for me for a release, just need the last commits and tag on MT/MTG
09:58 nerzhul we just need to do a version bump on android makefile before release
10:18 Fixer joined #minetest-dev
10:31 lisac joined #minetest-dev
10:50 Wuzzy joined #minetest-dev
10:50 Wuzzy https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/585​2/files/f0bfec5771fdf96bfdbcebdddfde807b9f488​090..f36323775af21cc687b59b702b2fa315fe9e21ea oh nice. A string change one day before release! Translators will be happy. XD
10:51 nerzhul it's not merged
10:52 nerzhul sfan5, rubenwardy ShadowNinja do we perform release during/after meeting ?
10:53 sfan5 oshit release is tomorrow
10:53 nerzhul yes
10:53 nerzhul i'm not there tomorrow during the day (will be there on the evening), but we can close the release and tag today during release
10:54 nerzhul seems MTG doesn't move since feature freeze
11:11 Wuzzy I have this bug in MineClone 2 which I am trying to fix since days
11:11 Wuzzy and i am suspecting an engine bug...
11:11 Wuzzy it has something to do with inventories
11:12 red-001 Wuzzy, the string change can't really be helped
11:12 Wuzzy red-001: its okay since no existing string is changed
11:12 Wuzzy so at least we dont lose any translations
11:13 red-001 anyway I'm not sure if the PR will get merged before the release
11:13 Wuzzy its for fixing the bug i reported earier. which i only found and reported because someone called for testing!
11:13 Wuzzy anyway
11:13 Wuzzy i see no reason why it should not be merged... anyway
11:14 Wuzzy i seem to have very strange problems with chests in my subgame
11:14 Wuzzy because when i place a double chest over a chunk border, i sometimes cant access the chest contents
11:14 Wuzzy i think i need to explain further
11:15 Wuzzy also i'll probably make some different testing today
11:15 Wuzzy to be 100% sure its engine bug
11:16 Wuzzy what I do with my chests is that I access them via on_rightclick, rather than setting formspec meta string
11:16 Wuzzy argh. hard to explain. i better setup a different test scenario
11:17 Wuzzy By the way: Is okay to use on_rightclick for chests and then try to access the chest content via formspec string?
11:19 Wuzzy Anyway, I leave MineClone 2 issue here: https://github.com/Wuzzy2/​MineClone2-Bugs/issues/162
11:34 Krock joined #minetest-dev
11:36 red-001 #5892
11:36 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5892 -- Remove unimplemented setting `movement_speed_descend` by red-001
11:39 DS-minetest joined #minetest-dev
12:01 Fixer nerzhul: don't forget to update translations
12:08 nerzhul red-001, +1
12:10 DS-minetest in MTG default.register_chest isn't documented in game_api.txt
12:10 nerzhul merging in ~10 min as it's trivial
12:44 nerzhul Thanks for your refforts red-001
12:47 halt_ joined #minetest-dev
12:48 nerzhul sfan5, do you think we release this evening ?
12:49 nerzhul this pr should be merged and fix 3 issues: #5889
12:49 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5889 -- Properly remove SAO when worldedges are overtaken by nerzhul
12:49 nerzhul we worked with paramat on it, after verifying his calculs i tested it with my SAO and it works exactly as intended
12:49 Wuzzy nerzhul: not before updating weblate/translations plz
12:50 nerzhul i will do it Wuzzy
12:50 nerzhul be quiet :)
13:12 Wuzzy Mysterious issue found: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5894
13:12 kilbith joined #minetest-dev
13:24 RiverOtter joined #minetest-dev
13:45 red-001 re #4931 it appers that minetest contains code that should do this for non RUN_IN_PLACE windows builds
13:45 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/4931 -- Official releases should should use %APPDATA%.
13:46 red-001 https://github.com/minetest/minetes​t/blob/b662a4577d692329b9ca83525e60​39f2ddcd1ac1/src/porting.cpp#L368
13:47 red-001 is this code broken or is there another reason it's not used in the version distributed with the installer
13:50 red-001 maybe someone else could fix the remaining issues with #5840?
13:50 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5840 -- Update credits by rubenwardy
14:01 Tmanyo joined #minetest-dev
14:25 srifqi joined #minetest-dev
14:48 paramat joined #minetest-dev
14:50 paramat i'll test #5889 over the next hour and then +1
14:50 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5889 -- Properly remove SAO when worldedges are overtaken by nerzhul
14:51 paramat then there are 2 trivial MTG PRs to merge game#1744 game#1747
14:51 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest​/minetest_game/issues/1744 -- Changed "Junglewood" to "Jungle Wood" by MrIbby
14:51 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest​/minetest_game/issues/1747 -- Changed default_book, default_book_written and default_bookshelf_slot by Attractadore
14:52 Topic for #minetest-dev is now Minetest core development and maintenance. We are in Feature freeze for 0.4.16. Release expected June 3rd. Chit-chat goes to #minetest. http://irc.minetest.net/minetest-dev/ http://dev.minetest.net/
14:53 ShadowNinja Devs: We planned to release today at the last meeting,so last chance to get things in for the release.
14:57 paramat yeah, but we can delay until late evening if necessary (it probably will be necessary) :]
15:01 ShadowNinja rubenwardy: Looks like #5840 should be updated.  I also noticed that RBA's note is in <> which is normally for emails, should probably be [] instead.
15:01 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5840 -- Update credits by rubenwardy
15:04 paramat if anyone can merge those ^ 2 MTG PRs that would be helpful
15:09 kilbith joined #minetest-dev
15:10 Fixer Can someone make news announcement about this vulnerability? Not all modders know about it for sure https://forum.minetest.net/vi​ewtopic.php?f=53&amp;t=17692
15:11 Fixer and how to prevent the problem
15:11 Fixer to update, etc
15:11 red-001 good idea
15:11 red-001 someone should post an annoncement
15:25 rubenwardy updated #5840
15:25 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5840 -- Update credits by rubenwardy
15:29 Thomas-S #5895
15:29 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5895 -- [WIP] Meta-set nodedef: Part 1 by Thomas--S
15:34 YuGiOhJCJ joined #minetest-dev
15:36 fwhcat joined #minetest-dev
15:39 ShadowNinja joined #minetest-dev
15:40 kilbith joined #minetest-dev
15:42 srifqi joined #minetest-dev
15:47 srifqi Krock, just updated #5886
15:47 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5886 -- Fix issue Minetest crash when custom font path is not exist by srifqi
15:53 paramat #5889 seems to have a bug, testing ..
15:53 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5889 -- Properly remove SAO when worldedges are overtaken by nerzhul
15:58 ShadowNinja paramat: Handled those game PRs.
16:01 paramat thanks
16:21 rubenwardy why are there 3 separate news posts about 0.4.16
16:21 rubenwardy you should just post a reply to one, and update the title
16:22 paramat ~tell nerzhul https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/5889 will work if you update it as shown in the comments
16:22 ShadowBot paramat: O.K.
16:29 EDAKIRI joined #minetest-dev
16:31 paramat we won't be ready to release 1n 30 mins, maybe late evening or tomorrow
16:32 srifqi in what timezone?
16:33 paramat sorry, EU
16:33 RiverOtter joined #minetest-dev
16:34 srifqi UTC+3?
16:35 paramat CEST UTC+2
16:35 paramat Central European Summer Time
16:36 paramat in terms of devs we are concentrated there or very nearby
16:37 ShadowNinja paramat: Is the credits update good now?
16:38 ShadowNinja <paramat> Please wait for Ezhh to comfirm she is ok with her credit.
16:39 ShadowNinja Shara: Does it look fine to you?
16:42 ShadowNinja srifqi: It's 18:00 UTC if that helps you convert.  Most devs are in the Eastern US or Europe, so that time works pretty well.
16:42 red-001 so 19:00 GMT right?
16:44 ShadowNinja Er, no.  GMT == UTC, it's just that GMT is technically a time zone and UTC is technically just a time standard with no associated zone.
16:44 red-001 I though UTC didn't do day light saving and GMT did?
16:45 ShadowNinja red-001: Nope, some areas switch from GMT to BST, but GMT itself doesn't change.
16:48 srifqi Thanks for the time in UTC, ShadowNinja
16:50 paramat so, MTG has no more PRs to merge if anyone needs to know
16:50 ShadowNinja paramat: You could fix the world edge PR yourself I think.
16:50 nore Thomas-S: *thank you* for rebasing meta_set_nodedef. I didn't complete the rebase last time, because it's too long - and it's really old code, and after already 3 rebases I got sick of it. What you are doing - splitting it in smaller pieces - is definitely the right way to do that, since it allows incremental merges. To sum up: thank you again :)
16:50 nerzhul joined #minetest-dev
16:50 ShadowNinja Oh, there he is.
16:51 nerzhul who, me ?
16:51 ShadowNinja nerzhul: paramat noticed an issue with your world edge PR.
16:51 nerzhul yeah i see i will finish the thing
16:51 nerzhul it's meeting now ? i'm late or i missed something
16:51 ShadowNinja nerzhul: The values are initialized but never updated for new mgparams.
16:51 nerzhul yeah yeah i read comments on GH
16:51 ShadowNinja nerzhul: No, just working on getting things fiished before the meeting.
16:52 nerzhul ShadowNinja, you are okay for release on meeting ? in how many time meeting starts ?
16:52 ShadowNinja nerzhul: Well, there are only two blockers, and they're easily mergable, so I difinitely think it's doable.
16:53 nerzhul nice, i tested android this afternoon with minetest_game master it's oaky
16:54 nerzhul i'm finishing the fix on sao limit and after that i push a version bump before release on android makefile for play store
17:00 nerzhul ShadowNinja, paramat #5889 updated
17:00 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5889 -- Properly remove SAO when worldedges are overtaken by nerzhul
17:00 paramat ok looking
17:02 nerzhul paramat, is there any new commit for mtg ? i don't see any since... 2 weeks
17:02 paramat sao_limit_max(MAX_MAP_GENERATION_LIMIT), is wrong as that variable is in Irrlicht units
17:02 paramat need * BS
17:03 paramat MTG is ready, we merged 2 trivial PRs just now
17:06 paramat hmm why is sao_limit_min(MAX_MAP_GENERATION_LIMIT), needed when float sao_limit_min; is already present above?
17:07 paramat those are not actually mapgen params
17:07 paramat they don't belong with water level etc.
17:07 nerzhul because it's just c++ and it's not public data
17:08 paramat hm ok
17:08 nerzhul it's mapgen params called through the SAO calculation
17:08 nerzhul okay for BS, fixing it
17:08 nerzhul i tend to not make public all private data :)
17:08 paramat how did my implementation work then? or was it just bad cding?
17:08 paramat *coding
17:09 nerzhul private and public is for dev, no functional changes
17:09 nerzhul it's just variable exposure to other objects
17:09 paramat ok
17:09 paramat i'm no expert :]
17:10 nerzhul making things private and maybe const also is good, a thing we don't do is to have const members , it's very useful to prvent coding errors, members are only settable on constructor :)
17:11 nerzhul okay it'sp ushed
17:14 paramat +1
17:15 paramat i should test again i guess
17:15 nerzhul nice merging after CI pass in ~10 mins
17:15 nerzhul you can, i tested it before pushing
17:15 paramat ok go ahead
17:15 paramat i might test after merge
17:15 nerzhul test it i wait for CI
17:16 paramat thanks for the work, and your patience on this :]
17:19 nerzhul no problem for a such change it's important to collaborate and fix bugs
17:19 nerzhul meeting is in 1h or 2h ?
17:19 ShadowNinja 1h
17:20 paramat ok testing again, will take 20mins
17:21 nerzhul okay
17:21 nerzhul we have some PR mergeable after release heh :D
17:27 red-001 could someone take a look at #5852 after release?
17:27 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5852 -- Improve the path select GUI by red-001
17:29 Krock red-001, i.e. adding the 0.5.0 milestone?
17:31 red-001 that would work
17:32 kilbith sfan5 needs to be around to officially release
17:33 Wuzzy hey
17:33 Wuzzy did anyone notice the advanced config search currently gives very odd results?
17:33 nerzhul Krock, use project if possible, milestone is not defined yet
17:33 Krock ah okay
17:34 nerzhul sfan5 is needed for building release, but tagging can be done when everything is good
17:34 paramat 5889 seems fine
17:34 red-001 Wuzzy, how so?
17:35 Wuzzy just try to search random words
17:35 Wuzzy like "filter"
17:35 Wuzzy or "language"
17:35 Wuzzy or "debug"
17:35 Wuzzy esp in foreign language
17:35 nerzhul pushing android versions codes
17:35 Wuzzy or "minetest"
17:35 red-001 seems ok to me
17:36 Wuzzy it produces irrelevant results
17:36 Wuzzy minetest → enable_console????
17:36 Wuzzy → serverlist_url??!?1
17:36 Wuzzy → instrument.global_callback?
17:36 red-001 it doesn't for me
17:36 Wuzzy o_O
17:36 kilbith it's a feature™
17:37 Wuzzy 994802a77496202a1d71aae54e9606ee6f55def6
17:37 red-001 huh maybe it doesn't translate the strings before searching
17:37 Wuzzy actually, I tested ths in English now
17:37 torgdor joined #minetest-dev
17:38 red-001 for "filter" I get the graphic filtering
17:38 Krock I see. The filter includes likely all information
17:38 red-001 for debug I get "show debug info"
17:39 Wuzzy I also get gui_scalng for "filter"
17:39 Wuzzy now testing in language=de
17:39 red-001 for minetest I get "enable console window" but thats because someone put minetest in the description
17:39 Wuzzy ohhhhhhhhhh!!
17:39 Wuzzy it searches the *description*?!
17:39 red-001 yes
17:39 Krock yes and the setting name
17:40 red-001 it auto selects the best result
17:40 red-001 similar to how the serverlist search works
17:41 Wuzzy hmm okay. search gives relevant and semi-relevant results then
17:41 kaeza joined #minetest-dev
17:41 red-001 what about server search?
17:41 red-001 is this also an issue for that?
17:41 Wuzzy not really
17:42 red-001 that uses a combination of name, description and serverlist ranking
17:43 Wuzzy forget my "issue" then :)
17:51 ShadowNinja paramat: I don't think including Shara is an issue since that nick is already public in IRC.
17:51 paramat good point
17:51 ShadowNinja (And GitHub for that metter)
17:54 paramat she said she was 'out for the day' so may not be able to +1 the credit in time, i expect it is ok
17:55 paramat "I'm off for the day"
17:56 nerzhul merging #5889
17:56 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5889 -- Properly remove SAO when worldedges are overtaken by nerzhul
17:57 nerzhul i'm working on translations now
17:58 nerzhul ouch many many commits to squash
17:58 fwhcat joined #minetest-dev
18:01 * VanessaE peeks in
18:03 ShadowNinja Alright, we just have to merge the credits update now.
18:03 ShadowNinja (and translations maybe?)
18:04 nerzhul i'm on translations
18:04 nerzhul russian translation doesn't permit many squashing, conflicts doesn't permit to squash per author sometimes... :p
18:05 Tmanyo joined #minetest-dev
18:11 nerzhul very long prepare yourself for many commits :p
18:14 sfan5 nerzhul: i will be around tomorrow
18:14 nerzhul it's not blocking for release right ? tagging doesn't require yourself
18:14 sfan5 though it would be nice if it wasn't in the evening as i have little time there
18:14 nerzhul you just upload builds right ?
18:14 sfan5 correct
18:15 nerzhul okay then we can tag and after you are free :)
18:15 sfan5 who will write the changelog?
18:16 nerzhul i already wrote it without the bugfixes
18:16 nerzhul except for MTG someone should do it
18:19 Sokomine sorry, i forgot: how was creating a debug build done again? someone had it in his signature. i just don't remember who
18:20 sfan5 fixers signature probably
18:20 sfan5 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug
18:20 Sokomine aah. thanks!
18:20 nerzhul pushing translations now
18:21 nerzhul translators have been active, especially in russia and commits was not squashable per author... :(
18:22 GreenDimond joined #minetest-dev
18:23 GreenDimond "0.4.16 will be released this weekend, maybe tomorrow, in ~12 hours." -nrz <-- That was ~10 hours ago... so the next version will be released in ~2 hours? Roughly?
18:24 Krock WIP
18:24 sfan5 no, tomorrow
18:24 GreenDimond "tomorrow"
18:24 Krock somewhen this weekend, one can not simply release Minetest from one minute to the other
18:24 GreenDimond Any time in the next 11 hours?
18:25 ShadowNinja sfan5: Er, today or tomorrow was the plan.
18:25 Krock using a new daily build you already have an 0.4.16-identical build
18:25 GreenDimond tru.
18:25 GreenDimond But I like to have the official :P
18:25 GreenDimond "stable"
18:26 GreenDimond "tomorrow" being UTC right?
18:26 GreenDimond So that means June 4 UTC is 5pm June 3 PST
18:27 ShadowNinja nerzhul: All done with translations?
18:27 nerzhul tagging can be done today
18:27 nerzhul but released will be generated after, maybe tomorrow for windows as sfan5 said, for me (Android i will do it and push it to play store)
18:28 GreenDimond I am just going to cross my fingers and hope it will be released in the next 11 hours.
18:28 nerzhul ShadowNinja, yes translations are good
18:28 ShadowNinja nerzhul: BTW, the Android version code is normally updated by utils/bump_version.sh.
18:28 nerzhul ShadowNinja, oh ? i never use that
18:28 * VanessaE reminds about https://github.com/minetest/minetest/projects/2
18:28 nerzhul (i release last 3 versions :p)
18:29 nerzhul as build.gradle have the version i always use it
18:29 ShadowNinja All that's left is #5840, and I think we can merge that now.
18:29 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5840 -- Update credits by rubenwardy
18:30 Krock otherwise they can be added/changed in the next release cycle. looks good.
18:31 nerzhul ShadowNinja, Krock is #5819 okay or not ?
18:31 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5819 -- Fix default item callbacks to work with nil users by raymoo
18:31 nerzhul you both commented it and raymoo fixed points
18:32 nerzhul sfan5, http://dev.minetest.net/Changelog#0.4.15_.E2.86.92_0.4.16_.28not_released_yet.29 for the changelog
18:32 ShadowNinja nerzhul: Ehm, I think it may be a bit too close to release for that.
18:32 nerzhul ShadowNinja, no problem for me
18:33 Krock nerzhul, that can wait for 0.5.0 imo - also haven't tested it
18:33 nerzhul nice
18:33 nerzhul i delayed it
18:35 nerzhul then only credits needs to be merged
18:36 ShadowNinja I'll merge them.
18:36 VanessaE the "project" page also shows #5865...
18:36 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5865 -- minetest.player_exists returns true after player was removed with minetest.remove_player
18:36 nerzhul #5865 was also added (a doc fix is required)
18:36 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5865 -- minetest.player_exists returns true after player was removed with minetest.remove_player
18:36 VanessaE ninja'd :)
18:37 nerzhul is lua_api.txt version bumped with the script too ?
18:37 nerzhul for the doc fix
18:37 nerzhul * `minetest.remove_player(name)`: remove player from database (if he is not connected).
18:37 nerzhul * Returns a code (0: successful, 1: no such player, 2: player is connected)
18:37 nerzhul here is the current doc
18:37 GreenDimond Is anyone here on pure UTC time?
18:37 Krock sed -i -re "1s/[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+/$NEW_VERSION/g" doc/lua_api.txt || die "Failed to update doc/lua_api.txt"
18:37 Krock yes, ^v nerzhul
18:37 nerzhul i propose to add : * Warning: this doesn't remove player data from auth.txt, minetest.player_exists will continue to return true
18:38 GreenDimond Like UTC+/-0?
18:38 nerzhul is this okay for you for this last issue ?
18:38 red-001 GreenDimond, I don't think so?
18:38 GreenDimond Then what is "June 4th" defined as? xD
18:39 Krock nerzhul, but client_lua_api.md doesn't seen to get updated
18:39 GreenDimond Release date is set for June 4th UTC even though no one uses UTC :P
18:39 GreenDimond Whatevs
18:39 nerzhul Krock, oh yes, we added it after that
18:39 red-001 the 4 of June UTC +- one day
18:39 nerzhul GreenDimond, not important, important is we are around it,
18:39 GreenDimond Yup.
18:40 nerzhul in France it's 8PM, release tag will be done just before, and google play will publish it tomorrow
18:40 Krock GreenDimond, as how I know this channel, it'll be around UTC+4 ... UTC+8
18:40 Krock afternoon
18:40 GreenDimond Is UTC-7 before or after that xD
18:40 GreenDimond before, right?
18:40 ShadowNinja nerzhul: Is this good?: http://sprunge.us/YigO
18:41 nerzhul yes, did you look what i prposed ? it's a little bit more accurate
18:42 ShadowNinja Alright
18:42 nerzhul what do you want ? i push the doc fix or you push yours?
18:43 ShadowNinja nerzhul: I'll add "minetest.player_exists will continue to return true" (with pluggable authentication handlers the auth data might not be in auth.txt).
18:43 nerzhul okay then
18:46 Fixer GreenDimond: if americanos - Europe has evening, America has afternoon or like that
18:47 GreenDimond So if it is June 4th for people at UTC+8... it should be early-evening/late-aft for people with UTC-7?
18:47 GreenDimond Or am I failing at understanding times?
18:47 red-001 look we have no idea when we are releasing this
18:47 nerzhul i think this is a discussion for #time-dev
18:48 GreenDimond lol
18:48 ShadowNinja Anything else before release?
18:49 Krock nerzhul, #time-dev is actually a thing now
18:49 GreenDimond It is? O-O
18:49 red-001 note: time related puns are banned
18:49 red-001 we don't have time for that
18:49 GreenDimond omg he wasnt kidding xD
18:51 nerzhul i updated core changelog
18:51 nerzhul okay project is now finished
18:51 paramat good grief GreenDimond stop going on about release time, talk in another channel
18:51 nerzhul are we all right for tagging core ?
18:51 nerzhul paramat, sfan5 ShadowNinja Krock ?
18:52 red-001 paramat, done
18:52 GreenDimond paramat I did move to another channel
18:52 red-001 you have been ninja'ed
18:52 Krock the project site is empty. looks good
18:52 ShadowNinja I'm ready.
18:52 nerzhul yes kanban is good for me
18:52 nerzhul project closed
18:53 paramat i'm ok for tag
18:53 nerzhul i closed milestone too
18:53 nerzhul if you are okay i push the tag
18:53 ShadowNinja I'll bump the version.
18:53 nerzhul oh :) okay
18:53 nerzhul tell me when done
18:54 ShadowNinja nerzhul: You already have it done?
18:54 nerzhul not pushed but prepared :p
18:54 nerzhul oh
18:54 ShadowNinja nerzhul: You left the Android version at 17?
18:54 nerzhul i bumped it manually 1 hour ago
18:54 nerzhul ShadowNinja, i let you do the script and tag process
18:55 ShadowNinja nerzhul: Did you use util/bump_version.sh?
18:55 nerzhul no :(
18:55 ShadowNinja Alright.
18:55 nerzhul i didn't know about this script
18:56 nerzhul i will send a PR on freeBSD ports after that to make it up to date on FreeBSD heh
18:56 ShadowNinja Alright, I'll push in a minute.
18:56 nerzhul okay
18:56 nerzhul i'm removing stable-0.4-android
18:56 nerzhul no sense for this release we are synced
19:00 muhdnurhidayat joined #minetest-dev
19:00 nerzhul how tagging is done on MTG ?
19:00 nerzhul just push a tag ?
19:02 paramat dunno
19:02 nerzhul paramat, can you do it ?
19:02 paramat sorry i don't know how to
19:03 nerzhul okay i do it, you confirm i can tag the current master ?
19:03 paramat go ahead
19:04 Fixer you need to run bump_version.sh, it also tags .__.
19:04 ShadowNinja Looks like you just tag it: http://dev.minetest.net/Releasing_Minetest
19:04 ShadowNinja Fixer: Not for _game.
19:04 nerzhul tagp ushed on mtg
19:04 red-001 nerzhul, something seems to be wrong with the translations?
19:04 nerzhul red-001, ?
19:04 nerzhul what do you mean
19:04 red-001 see recent discussion on #minetest
19:05 red-001 The weblate for Malay was updated yesterday but according to git it was last updated 9 days ago
19:05 nerzhul i just cherry picked it
19:05 nerzhul i pulled weblate and picked commits
19:06 red-001 huh it seems it's correct
19:06 nerzhul erf
19:06 red-001 maybe the timestamp just got messed up
19:06 nerzhul you are right
19:06 nerzhul oh no
19:06 nerzhul it's due to the squash
19:06 nerzhul :)
19:06 nerzhul commit date is the older commit
19:06 red-001 alright
19:06 red-001 so all is good
19:08 nerzhul : 1496513697:0;git cp 5724e0a3593c210f2d215da495975ba7568e5812
19:08 nerzhul : 1496516821:0;history|grep 5724e0a3593c210f2d215da495975ba7568e5812
19:08 red-001 so 0.4.16 just got released?
19:09 paramat \O/
19:09 GreenDimond \o/
19:09 red-001 \o/ help I'm drowing
19:10 paramat yes, see commits
19:10 nerzhul_ joined #minetest-dev
19:10 red-001 oh lol someone already registered that account
19:10 nerzhul_ 0.4.16 is tagged on mtg only
19:11 nerzhul_ we are waiting ShadowNinja for core
19:11 kilbith https://github.com/minetest/minetest/releases
19:11 nerzhul_ oh nice !
19:11 nerzhul_ champagne !
19:11 kilbith pinard!
19:11 muhdnurhidayat left #minetest-dev
19:11 nerzhul_ great job guys this was a very huge and good step for minetet
19:12 GreenDimond Wait..
19:12 nerzhul_ personnaly i want to thanks to red-001 which did a great job on CSM and fixes
19:12 GreenDimond So its not completely released yet?
19:12 GreenDimond *confused*
19:12 kilbith shut up, GreenDimond
19:12 nerzhul_ code tag is okay
19:12 GreenDimond No.
19:12 kilbith go discuss on #minetest
19:12 nerzhul_ builds are done after that
19:13 nerzhul_ i will bild release APK in ~ 1h and publish it on play store and release page
19:13 paramat it was almost 6666 commits at bump
19:13 ShadowNinja Alright, release is done, we just need to make builds and release notices.
19:14 GreenDimond Is the build for linux done?
19:14 red-001 no
19:14 kilbith ...
19:14 GreenDimond Alright that is what I consider release
19:14 GreenDimond But whatever
19:14 GreenDimond :P
19:14 red-001 GreenDimond, just give it a rest
19:14 GreenDimond Don't mind me.
19:15 GreenDimond kk I get it now.
19:15 nerzhul_ i'm publishing new on forum
19:15 GreenDimond I must not be well. That took more than it should have for me to understand it :/
19:15 Krock MSVC build is running
19:16 ShadowNinja celeron55: Launchpad needs an update.  nerzhul: FreeBSD/Android GPlay.  sfan5: Windows MinGW.
19:16 nerzhul_ GreenDimond: please just wait and stop aksing us
19:16 ShadowNinja I'll also notify other package maintainers.
19:16 kilbith est31 takes care of launchpad already
19:16 kilbith he has been notified
19:16 GreenDimond I already stopped, nerzhul. I was just confused for a while but now I get it.
19:16 Krock next commit will summon the devil
19:16 paramat lol
19:17 nerzhul_ Krock: you mean the PR i will merge in ~1h ? :p
19:17 paramat a 4D devil
19:17 nerzhul_ https://forum.minetest.net/vi​ewtopic.php?f=18&amp;t=17789
19:17 nerzhul_ VanessaE: can you pin and unpin 0.4.15 please ?
19:17 Krock nerzhul_, any commit will do it
19:18 GreenDimond LOL I looked at the changelog. 0.4.15 was skipped on the wiki xD
19:18 VanessaE nerzhul_: done.
19:18 nerzhul_ merging #5814 in ~1h :D
19:18 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5814 -- Minetest for C++11 (CMakeLists + Travis) by nerzhul
19:18 nerzhul_ VanessaE: ty
19:18 VanessaE sure
19:19 red-001 0.4.15 is the forgotten release
19:19 VanessaE nerzhul_: now you have to add me to the credits ;)
19:19 nerzhul_ VanessaE: lol
19:19 nerzhul_ i hope you are all aware about C++11 guidelines :)
19:20 Krock nerzhul_, aww. are you forcing me to set up my system before holidays :'(
19:20 red-001 well I tagged the arch build as out of date
19:20 nerzhul_ red-001: nice
19:20 GreenDimond Added nodes seam to have been neglected in the changelog
19:20 VanessaE some warnings in translations, nerzhul_
19:20 nerzhul_ GreenDimond: it's core changelog
19:20 GreenDimond Ah.
19:20 nerzhul_ someone should do mtg changelog not me i don't work on it
19:20 GreenDimond That makes more sense.
19:21 VanessaE nerzhul_: https://pastebin.com/M1vSq85q
19:21 GreenDimond Sorry for all the nagging :/
19:21 nerzhul_ VanessaE: just ignore this warning, it will be fixed by #5814
19:21 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5814 -- Minetest for C++11 (CMakeLists + Travis) by nerzhul
19:21 GreenDimond C++11 is latest right?
19:22 nerzhul_ it's because you compile 0.4.16 wit ha C++11 compiler and jsoncpp used deprecated features in C++11
19:22 VanessaE nerzhul_: ok, so long as it won't break 0.4.16 builds for some obscure platform
19:22 VanessaE also recall, no C++11 hwerw
19:22 kilbith can someone stop this guy asking stupid questions please
19:22 VanessaE here*
19:22 nerzhul_ i just compile android release and it's with the classic NDK we used since 2 years
19:23 GreenDimond They aren't "stupid questions".
19:23 nerzhul_ (for the release builds) FreeBSD will use the system compiler (clang 3.4 by default)
19:23 GreenDimond But you are entitled to your own opinion :)
19:23 kilbith jesus..
19:23 kilbith this is a development channel, not a damned forum
19:23 kilbith gtfo
19:24 red-001 it is that latest if you teleport to 2011
19:24 GreenDimond I know it's not a forum.
19:24 nerzhul_ GreenDimond: release is now done, builds will be pulished here: https://github.com/minetest/​minetest/releases/tag/0.4.16 refresh page sometimes and wait
19:24 VanessaE GreenDimond: subject matter is more strict here than #minetest, general questions must be directed there, core dev specific or minetest_game here.
19:24 Krock do we ship the "preview" clientmod now too?
19:24 proller joined #minetest-dev
19:24 red-001 please ask further question about violating causality, etc in #time-dev
19:24 nerzhul_ Krock: it's shipped and disabled
19:24 Krock okay
19:24 red-001 Krock, if you ship minimal
19:25 nerzhul_ because we, hopefully, merged mods.conf support on CSM
19:25 Krock no, MTG is the real thing
19:25 nerzhul_ (ty red-001 for this
19:25 red-001 it's basicly the minimal of CSM
19:25 GreenDimond VanessaE: Yeah I get that. I should probably get into the habit of switching between the channels :/
19:25 Krock oh, you meant CSM
19:25 VanessaE GreenDimond: yes.
19:26 proller joined #minetest-dev
19:26 VanessaE hah!
19:26 VanessaE I found a bug in minetest_gamne
19:27 VanessaE game*
19:27 GreenDimond A little late for that.
19:27 GreenDimond :P
19:27 VanessaE the new chests, if you open one, and then immediately hold the ESC key down to repeatedly bring up and then dismiss the "Pause" menu, you can get the chest to stay open
19:27 GreenDimond That... has been known for a while now.
19:28 nerzhul_ VanessaE: iteresting bug, if i remember it was already reported but not fixed yet
19:28 paramat yes known issue
19:28 VanessaE ok, just checking.
19:28 VanessaE thought it was already fixed.
19:28 nerzhul_ if not just open an issue, and i hope we will fix it on next release heh
19:28 nerzhul_ don't forget we are now in a breaking compat release
19:29 VanessaE well dreambuilder still works, or at least it loads, so I'm not overly concerned.
19:29 GreenDimond sofar said it wasn't a bug
19:29 GreenDimond at least I think sofar said it
19:29 GreenDimond iirc he said it was intentional
19:29 nerzhul_ left #minetest-dev
19:29 VanessaE (I actually was trying to sort of "delay" the closing of the chest after inventory view, so I could more easily see the sides)
19:30 nerzhul_ joined #minetest-dev
19:30 VanessaE nerzhul: [06-03 15:29] <VanessaE> (I actually was trying to sort of "delay" the closing of the chest after inventory view, so I could more easily see the sides)
19:32 paramat well it's not intentional, just low priority to fix
19:32 VanessaE it's no big deal, just hadn't noticed it before.
19:32 GreenDimond I like it :P
19:33 ShadowNinja I suppose we'll update the website tomorrow after sfan5 has made a MinGW build.
19:33 GreenDimond You can get cool things with the screwdriver
19:33 red-001 it's not a bug, it's a feature!!
19:34 VanessaE http://theincidentaleconomist.com/wordpress​/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/feature-bug.jpg
19:34 nerzhul_ ShadowNinja: nice
19:34 GreenDimond That's what everyone said about sne*k.
19:34 GreenDimond lol VanessaE
19:34 nerzhul_ pushing #5814 in ~30 mins
19:34 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5814 -- Minetest for C++11 (CMakeLists + Travis) by nerzhul
19:35 nerzhul_ it should be the first commit in this cycle as the whole CI is changed to use C++11
19:35 Krock Adding my first and last MSVC Win32 build to the 0.4.16 release post
19:37 ShadowNinja nerzhul: Ehm, you're changing the version...
19:37 nerzhul_ ShadowNinja: ??? which version
19:37 ShadowNinja nerzhul: In the C++11 commit -- you change the version to 0.5.0.
19:37 nerzhul_ oh you mean in 5814 i setted 0.5 yes
19:38 nerzhul_ we are in 0.5 dev cycle now
19:38 VanessaE I thought it was agreed that there could be 0.4.x point releases/backports?
19:38 VanessaE there isn't enough manpower here to do both
19:38 GreenDimond I hope this is minetest-dev-worthy but does that mean it will be called 0.5.0-dev or 0.4.16-dev?
19:38 nerzhul_ it's better to call it 0.5.0-dev to prevent problems as it's a breaking cycle
19:39 ShadowNinja nerzhul: Normally we name dev versions <last_release>-dev.
19:39 ShadowNinja Not <next_release>-dev.
19:39 GreenDimond That is true.
19:39 nerzhul_ ShadowNinja: i think it's a problem on this breakage compat
19:39 nerzhul_ maybe we should release 0.5.1 and have 0.5.0 for the dev ?
19:39 VanessaE ?
19:39 nerzhul_ i think it can be confusing to have 0.4.16 reported whereas we are doing the break no ?
19:40 VanessaE nerzhul_: release 0.5.0 next, no breaks.  save breakage for 0.6.0
19:40 ShadowNinja No.  Accoding to semver 0.5.0-dev means "before 0.5.0", it's just that we don't normally do it that way, and thet would be a change.
19:40 VanessaE that would still be consistent and would get us safely out of the 0.4.x range anyway
19:40 Wuzzy ShadowNinja: Will you adopt SemVer?
19:40 Krock VanessaE, 0.5.0 already indicates a break
19:40 VanessaE Krock: not really
19:41 ShadowNinja Wuzzy: In theory we decided to adopt it a while ago, but we heven't yet.
19:41 VanessaE according to semver that just means significant changes that *can* break, not that *will*(
19:41 nerzhul_ ShadowNinja: maybe it's time no ?
19:41 Wuzzy Also, you can't use "-dev" versions to refer to ALL in-development verions. it can only stand for a single version/commit, period. otherwise you use something else than SemVer
19:41 VanessaE and considering the feature set of 0.4.16 compared to 0.4.15, 0.5.0 would be within the parameters of semver I think
19:41 GreenDimond Oh boy here goes another release date/name discussion
19:42 red-001 well irc you can break at any point before 1.0.0 in semvar
19:42 ShadowNinja Krock: Technically 0.4.17 could be a completely breaking release.  semver provides no stability guarantees as mong as MAJON=0.
19:42 Wuzzy well i only care about semver vs not emver
19:42 ShadowNinja s/mong/long/
19:42 Wuzzy no that was correct
19:42 ShadowNinja s/MAJON/MAJOR/
19:42 Wuzzy it should be totally called MAJON
19:42 nerzhul_ ShadowNinja: we all adopt the next release is a breaking release and we increase major (ignoring first 0)
19:42 Krock yet, it's just another standard
19:42 Wuzzy I propose to release 0.4.16-covfefe
19:43 GreenDimond What is the thing that breaks stuff?
19:43 nerzhul_ Wuzzy: heh
19:43 Wuzzy because we cant type either :)
19:43 nerzhul_ GreenDimond: first we will use C++11 as a minimum standard now
19:43 Krock lol Wuzzy
19:43 nerzhul_ second, i think i will take many time to rewrite the whole network stack
19:43 ShadowNinja nerzhul: Yeah, 0.5.0 should be the first semver release.  We still provide no stability guarantees though.
19:43 GreenDimond Oh so when you were saying you were going to merge it, you are going to merge it to -dev?
19:43 Wuzzy ShadowNinja: thats fine
19:44 GreenDimond I thought someone said the upgrade to C++11 wasn't going to break much
19:44 nerzhul_ ShadowNinja: a problem we have is rules are written in mese blocks, but rules can evolved if agreed with majority of devs :)
19:44 GreenDimond Or that might have just been not breaking many mods
19:44 nerzhul_ look, mesa have v10 and after 17 :p
19:44 red-001 it will break stuff for shitty distros that don't have c++11 yet
19:44 nerzhul_ red-001: only one doesn't have it's debian 8
19:45 nerzhul_ you can have a C++11 compiler via extra repo, and Debian 9 will be released in 10 days
19:45 red-001 wait
19:45 red-001 does that mean minetest will finnaly be up to date on debian?
19:45 GreenDimond BTW if you use a -dev build and try to place a block in a protected area (by prot redo) the game segfaults.
19:45 Fixer red-001: shitty distros?
19:46 Fixer debian 9 will be released in about 1 month
19:46 Fixer iirc
19:46 red-001 GreenDimond, wait what??!
19:46 nerzhul_ red-001: i do'nt know, but Debian 9 permits to unlock C++11 it was the latest blocking for C++11
19:46 GreenDimond Yeah.
19:46 red-001 how is that not a blocker?
19:46 GreenDimond Dunno.
19:46 red-001 has this been reported?
19:47 GreenDimond Happened to me ~1 week ago and another guy is having the same prob now.
19:47 GreenDimond at least he claims its a segfault
19:47 nerzhul_ stacktrace plase
19:47 nerzhul_ pleae*
19:47 red-001 the server or the client?
19:47 red-001 please*
19:47 nerzhul_ :p
19:47 ShadowNinja nerzhul: I think the C++11 PR warants a bit more consideration.  It doesn't have to be the first thing merged.
19:47 nerzhul_ ShadowNinja: oh there are 3 PR ready for being merged
19:48 bigfoot547 joined #minetest-dev
19:48 GreenDimond I think the client
19:48 GreenDimond For me the client would just stop. no error message or anything.
19:48 JungleMan21 joined #minetest-dev
19:48 nerzhul_ C++11 merged means we can now use features, it doesn't convert any code, just enable it
19:48 red-001 bigfoot547, hi
19:48 red-001 0.4.16 got released
19:48 bigfoot547 Yay! Release is released!
19:48 red-001 since feature freeze is over could #5852 be reviewed?
19:48 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5852 -- Improve the path select GUI by red-001
19:48 VanessaE nerzhul_: just make sure you document carefully how to enable C++11 for distros that don't ship it by default.
19:48 GreenDimond Hrmm...
19:48 JungleMan21 Where do I report for 0.4.16?
19:49 GreenDimond Here.
19:49 JungleMan21 Where do I report segfaults for 0.4.16?
19:49 GreenDimond This is the guy that just happened to
19:49 VanessaE JungleMan21: here and then github
19:49 red-001 github issues
19:49 red-001 or here
19:49 nerzhul_ VanessaE: yeah documentation is important, no problem, we start a new dev cycle
19:49 red-001 just pastebin the segfault
19:49 GreenDimond You sure it was a segfault JM?
19:49 red-001 s/segfault/backtrace
19:49 nerzhul_ i think it's more a lua stacktrace, i don't remember all those API changed
19:49 nerzhul_ (C++ side)
19:49 JungleMan21 yes, very sure
19:49 JungleMan21 *gbd backtrace incoming*
19:50 red-001 also why the strange nick wuzzy?
19:50 JungleMan21 https://pastebin.com/BSVKZs31
19:51 GreenDimond Yep. Definitely segfault.
19:51 nerzhul_ exact
19:51 JungleMan21 It happened when I placed a block in a protected ares in the "Jungle" server
19:51 GreenDimond Yep
19:51 GreenDimond Ima try on HOMETOWN
19:52 JungleMan21 GreenDimond tells you where
19:52 GreenDimond i dont think they care where
19:52 GreenDimond It was just in a prot area
19:52 JungleMan21 well to reproduce it of course
19:52 nerzhul_ function is huge, is this possible to have the trace in debug mod ?
19:53 JungleMan21 not just any protected area, an area where "Areas:" was empty for some reason (WTF)
19:53 JungleMan21 i guess they were using Areas mod
19:53 JungleMan21 okay debug build yes
19:53 GreenDimond they use protector redo
19:53 JungleMan21 yes and at bottom left there is that text with list of areas
19:54 JungleMan21 but empty for me o_O
19:54 GreenDimond Not reproducible on HOMETOWN
19:54 Fixer don't have this problem on hometown
19:54 Fixer 001de6f
19:54 GreenDimond Jungle: Protector redo areas dont show on the list
19:54 JungleMan21 ?
19:54 nerzhul_ ii don't see where the crash can be in tagged build
19:54 JungleMan21 the list was not empty in other areas
19:54 GreenDimond Only area-mod areas are shown on the list
19:54 GreenDimond Those areas were protected with the areas mod
19:55 JungleMan21 GreenDimond: do you mean this server uses multiple protection mods? GREAT!!!
19:55 GreenDimond yes
19:55 JungleMan21 lol whyyyyyyyyyy
19:55 VanessaE wrong channel guys
19:55 GreenDimond Alright lets stop being offtopic
19:55 JungleMan21 sorry
19:55 VanessaE take it to -hub
19:55 JungleMan21 segfault is not offtopic
19:55 GreenDimond Hm.
19:55 GreenDimond Jungle is a rather out-dated server
19:55 behalebabo joined #minetest-dev
19:55 Fixer will try too
19:56 GreenDimond It has outdated mods, so it could be an incompatible mod version.
19:56 JungleMan21 GreenDimond: do u still have coords?
19:56 ShadowNinja JungleMan21: Can you reproduce with a debug build?
19:56 GreenDimond They don't need coords
19:56 JungleMan21 not so fast! it doesnt buid in 5 second
19:56 GreenDimond It does for me xD
19:56 GreenDimond But I dont know how to get dbg build
19:56 nerzhul_ 5814 merge delayed, i should rebase it heh
19:56 GreenDimond So I let you do it
19:57 nerzhul_ merging #5792 in ~10 mins
19:57 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5792 -- Snake case for screen options in minetest.conf by Dumbeldor
19:57 JungleMan21 commit ID is 63ca71e9d2c1131675a7a47a7155458af6a36e3e by the way
19:58 GreenDimond I am using 1b83b0a... but I dont think that is the commit ID
20:01 nerzhul_ i make a pause, ShadowNinja #5814 is updated
20:01 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5814 -- Minetest for C++11 (CMakeLists + Travis) by nerzhul
20:02 JungleMan21 nerzhul_: stack trace in debug build 63ca71e9d2c1131675a7a47a7155458af6a36e3e: https://pastebin.com/jwAeLJFB
20:02 Fixer aha, it crashed
20:03 GreenDimond Yep there it goes
20:03 Fixer can confirm the crash on placing block
20:03 GreenDimond DS got one too
20:03 GreenDimond BUt he said it was a normal one so i dunno what that means
20:05 DS-minetest it means that i got such problems already before
20:06 JungleMan21 that makes it even worse
20:06 Fixer i will check other servers with areas and landrush
20:06 GreenDimond HOMETOWN doesnt seem to do it
20:06 GreenDimond but then again, Exeter likes to modify the mods so their Protector Redo could be completely different
20:07 JungleMan21 ShadowNinja: ping pong. stack trace available ^^^^
20:07 ShadowNinja JungleMan21: Yep, looking into it.
20:08 JungleMan21 thx
20:08 JungleMan21 i really wish i had found this, like 1 hour before or so. xD
20:09 JungleMan21 congrats on the huuuge release btw :)
20:09 GreenDimond Hey. Like VanessaE said, you can always release patches.
20:10 Fixer tried on vanessa server - no crash, area only mod
20:10 ShadowNinja JungleMan21: Hmmm, looks like it's crashing in a compiler-generated function.
20:10 GreenDimond Are mods even able to create segfaults?\
20:10 JungleMan21 that would be fun :)
20:11 GreenDimond If they can then I think that the ProtRedo on Jungle is just an outdated version
20:11 JungleMan21 my compiler is gdb 7.12.1
20:11 ShadowNinja JungleMan21: Can you run "bt full" and see what hand_def.tool_capabilities is?
20:12 JungleMan21 ye
20:12 Fixer gdb is debugger
20:13 GreenDimond ubuntu uses the .apk build right?
20:13 JungleMan21 LOL
20:13 JungleMan21 i am stuuuuuupid
20:13 GreenDimond I'll just keep putting your dropped stuff in this chest
20:13 VanessaE Fixer: actually my server has two protection mods, but one of them uses the other anyway
20:14 JungleMan21 my compiler is GCC 6.3.1. omg why am i so stupid
20:14 ShadowNinja GreenDimond: Ehm, .apk is an Android app..
20:14 GreenDimond I knew that.
20:14 JungleMan21 ShadowBot: 0x0
20:14 JungleMan21 :D
20:15 GreenDimond But if the tar.gz sourcecode is already there then I should be able to upgrade right?
20:15 JungleMan21 ShadowNinja: 0x0
20:15 JungleMan21 :D
20:15 ShadowNinja Thought so...
20:17 ShadowNinja Krock: Are you building a 64-bit version?
20:17 Fixer JungleMan21: do you have github account? can you post an issue with bt full backtrace?
20:17 Krock ShadowNinja, can't - on a 32-bit system
20:18 ShadowNinja Krock: Can't cross-compile?
20:18 ShadowNinja Is the 64-bit build usually MinGW?
20:18 Fixer should be
20:18 JungleMan21 i am not so happy with posting bt full. its huge
20:19 Krock yes, they're MinGW
20:19 Krock there's someone on the forum who managed to compile 64-bit with MSVC but 32-bit alone is a torture
20:20 Fixer JungleMan21: ok, then bt and attach bt full as file or as pastebin link
20:20 Krock *but even
20:20 JungleMan21 its more about privacy than file size
20:21 ShadowNinja JungleMan21: Well, this should fix it for you, although I'm not sure if it's correct yet: http://sprunge.us/VEFA
20:22 GreenDimond Someone ping me when the Ubuntu build is done.
20:22 GreenDimond *please
20:22 kilbith a coffee with that?
20:22 JungleMan21 unable to reproduce this, ShadowNinja ?
20:23 GreenDimond No thanks.
20:23 Fixer ShadowNinja: will try it
20:23 ShadowNinja GreenDimond: Come back next year (unless you just mean the launchpad builds :-P)
20:23 GreenDimond Yes I meant launchpad.
20:23 ShadowNinja JungleMan21: How did you get it?
20:23 JungleMan21 get what?
20:24 JungleMan21 lol ShadowNinja, it stopped crashing, but instead this just destroys my item in hand
20:25 JungleMan21 ShadowNinja: if you insist on the full bt, i can post it, but i have the feeling it must be redacted
20:26 GreenDimond then you might have used wrong build?
20:26 ShadowNinja JungleMan21: Yeah... thought something like that might happen.  Moment.
20:26 Fixer JungleMan21: look down, tool is dropped if digging other person area
20:27 JungleMan21 i did not dig, I built
20:27 GreenDimond building is usually when it happens i think
20:27 JungleMan21 nothing got dropped. item vaporized in hand
20:27 GreenDimond that is unusual
20:28 JungleMan21 hey i applied a diff thats why
20:28 JungleMan21 ShadowNinja is trying to fix this right now :=)
20:28 Fixer ShadowNinja: crash fixed
20:29 JungleMan21 Fixer: yes, but it vapirized item in hand. did you notice?
20:29 GreenDimond it should drop it not vaporize it
20:29 Fixer JungleMan21: it is not, item is just dropped as intended by protector redo
20:30 Fixer JungleMan21: try again and look below you, it drops your item because you mined other people area, thats intended
20:30 JungleMan21 but I built!
20:30 JungleMan21 you are right. it actualy dropped right on my feet
20:30 Fixer ;)
20:31 JungleMan21 ShadowNinja: item was not vaporized, it was just dropped, which the users claim is just mod intended behaviour
20:31 Fixer it is feature of protector_redo
20:31 GreenDimond But that does not explain the segfault
20:31 GreenDimond Who claimed it was a bug?
20:32 JungleMan21 I
20:32 JungleMan21 the segfault is fixed with ShadowNinja's patch
20:32 GreenDimond testing...
20:33 Fixer ShadowNinja: make a PR :)
20:33 GreenDimond I still segfault
20:34 ShadowNinja JungleMan21: Er, isn't it destroying your weilded item?
20:34 GreenDimond He thought it was
20:34 JungleMan21 ^^^^^^
20:34 JungleMan21 ShadowNinja: item was not vaporized, it was just dropped, which the users claim is just mod intended behaviour
20:34 GreenDimond But it was just dropping it
20:35 Fixer ShadowNinja: no, that is protector_redo feature, we checked, nothing is vaporised
20:35 GreenDimond But I still get a segfault
20:35 Fixer ShadowNinja: weilded item is dropped
20:35 Fixer ShadowNinja: thats intended
20:35 GreenDimond Oh wait
20:35 ShadowNinja Oh, OK.
20:35 JungleMan21 did u get segfault with or without diff, GreenDimond?
20:35 GreenDimond The patch wasn't applied to the dev build was it xD
20:36 JungleMan21 it was applied to the commit right after 0.4.16 release
20:36 ShadowNinja I'm not really sure how this code works though, so I don't know if it's really correct.
20:36 JungleMan21 :-(
20:36 GreenDimond Well I just updated to latest and I still get a segfault
20:37 JungleMan21 GreenDimond: Its not in repo yet ...
20:37 Fixer JungleMan21: just create an issue, ShadowNinja should open a PR and it will be discussed and probably merged
20:37 VanessaE ShadowNinja: you have /msgs
20:37 GreenDimond ah so I cant test because the lp isnt updated yet :/
20:38 GreenDimond Uh-oh. My items *are* getting destroyed
20:38 sfan5 left #minetest-dev
20:38 Fixer GreenDimond: you need to apply fix manually, it is not in git
20:38 sfan5 joined #minetest-dev
20:38 GreenDimond What is the patch number?
20:39 sfan5 ShadowNinja: i can make a build rn
20:39 ShadowNinja sfan5: Great.
20:40 JungleMan21 what is a build rn?
20:40 ShadowNinja sfan5: Do we default to MinGW for Windows now?
20:41 ShadowNinja We used to recommend MSVC for performance reasons, but it looks like that depends on the person and the website has 64-bit builds so it looks like that's changed.
20:41 sfan5 we've done that since several releases
20:41 sfan5 since msvc has not been available since blockmen left
20:41 ShadowNinja Alright, thanks.
20:42 Fixer JungleMan21: update your server btw, it will look awesome in new version ;)
20:42 GreenDimond Its not his server :P
20:42 Fixer JungleMan21: for example curved blocks
20:42 JungleMan21 what do you mean?
20:42 ShadowNinja JungleMan21: Looks like the server is defining a custom hand but isn't including tool_capabilities.
20:42 JungleMan21 evil
20:43 JungleMan21 evil in its purest form
20:43 JungleMan21 and no, i cant update a server i dont have. im not a cracker :)
20:43 GreenDimond who is in charge of the lp builds?
20:45 ShadowNinja GreenDimond: est31/c55.
20:45 GreenDimond so I get to wait until they awaken :P
20:45 JungleMan21 i thought est31 left
20:45 GreenDimond tru^
20:45 GreenDimond But didnt he say he would continue to do the lp builds?
20:46 sfan5 forgot my dropbox password lel
20:46 JungleMan21 123456
20:46 GreenDimond password123
20:48 sfan5 neither
20:50 Fixer sfan5:sfan5
20:50 nerzhul 6666 commits
20:50 nerzhul :p
20:50 Krock JungleMan21, programmers passwords start with 0
20:50 Krock nerzhul, how devilish
20:51 Fixer this Jungle server is another one alongside with Vanessa"S that has this huge freezes because sign text entity loading, 1 second long freezes, Carls
20:52 nerzhul what do we do with this crash ? ShadowNinja ?
20:53 Fixer open issue @ open PR @ discuss
20:54 nerzhul seems to be very anoying and we release...
20:54 Fixer JungleMan21: are you going to open the issue or let me do it?
20:55 JungleMan21 i let you do it :P
20:55 JungleMan21 dont really like GH
20:55 ShadowNinja nerzhul: JungleMan21 SIGSEGV?  I'll open a PR.
20:56 nerzhul ShadowNinja, the problem i see is we have a blocker just after release which should have been fixed before as it seems to use a very commonly used feature no ?
20:56 nerzhul (protected areas)
20:57 ShadowNinja nerzhul: No, I don't think it has anything to do with areas.  It looks like it has to do with the server defining a custom hand without defining tool capabilities for it.
20:57 nerzhul okay then it's a more old bug
20:57 ShadowNinja JungleMan21: This was only on one server, right?  (what server?)
20:57 GreenDimond Jungle
20:57 JungleMan21 yes
20:58 JungleMan21 didnt test on others
20:58 nerzhul if it's not the case we should have a very shit decision to take
20:58 GreenDimond Fixer didx
20:58 nerzhul (rewrite log or bump version...)
20:58 GreenDimond fixer couldnt reproduce on other servers
20:58 ShadowNinja Does anyone know who runs that server?
20:58 GreenDimond Gundul
20:58 nerzhul sounds reasonable to talk with server owner then
20:59 ShadowNinja GreenDimond: Where is he, does he come on IRC/forum?
20:59 GreenDimond https://forum.minetest.net/memberli​st.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18398
21:00 Fixer here you go https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5898
21:01 nerzhul i'm preparing android build
21:10 nerzhul Android APK is now on release page
21:10 nerzhul https://github.com/minetest/​minetest/releases/tag/0.4.16
21:10 bigfoot547 nerzhul, I addressed reviews on #5797
21:10 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5797 -- [CSM] Add function to set the FOV of the local player by bigfoot547
21:11 sfan5 finally building now
21:11 nerzhul bigfoot547, i'm on release finishing for android atm
21:12 nerzhul sfan5, nice
21:13 nerzhul ShadowNinja, is this okay ? sounds acceptable and can i publish apk on play store?
21:14 nerzhul erf
21:14 nerzhul 0.4.15.17
21:14 nerzhul why was that generated
21:14 ShadowNinja nerzhul: It's fine if it works :-)  There's also some stuff about Android on the release page: http://dev.minetest.net/Releasing_Minetest
21:15 nerzhul erf i forgot to pull tag, i think that's the problem
21:15 nerzhul i need to regen the APK, just for the version..
21:15 nerzhul yeah the android stuff was added by me :p
21:16 nerzhul okay now i need to fix the C++11 bump script for version as it seems :p
21:19 DI3HARD139 joined #minetest-dev
21:22 nerzhul okay version is good now :p
21:23 nerzhul i published it on play store
21:25 GreenDimond so the only things left are sfan's windows builds and the launchpad builds?
21:25 nerzhul yes for builds, and i should send a FreeBSD PR for mt and mtg
21:25 ShadowNinja nerzhul: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/5899
21:26 nerzhul sounds good (nullptr should be used when using C++11 builds don't forget that all devs :) )
21:26 nerzhul (after c++11 pr merge)
21:27 ShadowNinja Krock: Do you have a .pdb file for the MSVC build?  The release guide mentions that it should be available.
21:27 Krock yes, it's bundled
21:28 ShadowNinja Alright, great.
21:28 Krock same as the msvcr file and openal wrapper
21:30 Topic for #minetest-dev is now Minetest core development and maintenance. Minetest 0.4.16 released! Chit-chat goes to #minetest. http://irc.minetest.net/minetest-dev/ http://dev.minetest.net/
21:32 sfan5 damn, forgot something and have to compile again...
21:32 sfan5 ;_;
21:32 bigfoot547 :(
21:33 bigfoot547 feels bad...
21:38 nerzhul ShadowNinja, i fixed #5814 util/bump_version.sh it now bump version like semver model
21:38 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5814 -- Minetest for C++11 (CMakeLists + Travis) by nerzhul
21:38 nerzhul 0.5.0-dev -> 0.5.0 -> 0.5.1-dev
21:39 nerzhul (and it's better than our current model i agree, it doesn't make sense to have -dev for the current released version, it was strange :p)
21:42 nerzhul sfan5, are you okay with that too ?
21:44 sfan5 i don't think the version model should be changed yet
21:45 nerzhul but don't you think it's a problem to have 0.4.16-dev for the 0.5-dev cycle ?
21:46 nerzhul it also permit to keep stable-0.4 as a maintenance branch to backport some commits without affecting 0.5 versions
21:46 nerzhul we wanted break, i can be a nice shot to fix this no ?
21:47 nerzhul this model permit multibranch versions to maintain, i think i will take some time to backport some 0.5.X fixes (no features) to stable-0.4 as 0.5.0 should be a very major version
21:48 sfan5 it should be fixed eventually
21:48 sfan5 but not right now
21:48 nerzhul what do you want to wait ?
21:49 nerzhul and do you want me to remove 0.5 version setted in CmakeLists in #5814 then if this change is not accepted ?
21:49 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5814 -- Minetest for C++11 (CMakeLists + Travis) by nerzhul
21:49 nerzhul or i keep it and we will fix the versions model later in this cycle ?
21:50 nerzhul merging #5899 in ~10 mins
21:50 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5899 -- Fix segmentation fault with tool capabilities by ShadowNinja
21:55 paramat great
22:01 nerzhul sfan5, i should go, if you get time, please tell me what you want to merge 5814 about th eversion "problem" (remove the last commit, remove 0.5 in cmakelists, other thing ?), i will look at this tomorrow and update and if we are okay merge
22:01 bigfoot547 can #5797 be merged?
22:01 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5797 -- [CSM] Add function to set the FOV of the local player by bigfoot547
22:01 nerzhul no i'm the only approver
22:09 sfan5 what the fuck
22:09 sfan5 0.4.16 is tagged onto the wrong commit
22:09 sfan5 ~tell nerzhul 0.4.16 is tagged on the wrong commit
22:09 ShadowBot sfan5: O.K.
22:10 sfan5 or is this gits fault
22:10 kilbith tagged at 80dc961d2 - "Bump version to 0.4.16"
22:11 sfan5 ~tell nerzhul nevermind my git was just stupid
22:11 ShadowBot sfan5: O.K.
22:11 sfan5 here i go making yet another build
22:24 VanessaE ...and this is why we need point releases :)
22:25 VanessaE in the...I dunno, 5 years I guess, that I've been using Minetest, I've never once seen a release go out that didn't have some little thing go wrong :)
22:25 sfan5 i make these releases pretty much every release
22:25 VanessaE I mean the "tagged the wrong commit" comment above.
22:25 sfan5 coupled with the fact that i don't have my usual build env with me rn...
22:25 sfan5 s/releaeses/mistakes/
22:25 VanessaE oh heh
22:27 Fixer VanessaE: +1
22:28 Fixer 0.4.16.1
22:34 GreenDimond paramat I thought we already knew he needed .obj meshes on game#1736
22:34 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest​/minetest_game/issues/1736 -- Add inner and outer stair corners by MarkuBu
22:36 paramat yes we do, my comment is a little redundant
22:37 paramat should stairs and slabs be added for tin block, to be consistent with most other metals?
22:38 GreenDimond Yes
22:38 Fixer paramat: yes
22:39 GreenDimond I was needing them the other day and then I find out they aren't there and I be like "crap."
22:41 paramat ok, there is an issue
22:41 red-001 someone should update the front page
22:42 sfan5 it will be updated once i have uploaded my builds
22:44 GreenDimond paramat "issue"?
22:45 bigfoot547 joined #minetest-dev
22:53 behaleba- joined #minetest-dev
23:00 sfan5 red-001: updated now
23:02 red-001 you forgot to update the version
23:02 red-001 News: 0.4.15 released. (June 3rd 2017)
23:04 red-001 alright it looks ok now
23:05 Fritigern joined #minetest-dev
23:07 GreenDimond When is the minetest.net gallery going to be updated?
23:20 Sokomine finally got some sort of crash while running in debug mode: https://pastebin.com/8WYebKbs (mouse pointer lost; had to switch to another console through keyboard). or are you all busy with release? it's not urgent. i'm not sure if the bug report helps or if it's a random crash caused by other issues
23:21 red-001 bt full
23:22 Fixer Sokomine: do: bt full
23:22 Fixer Sokomine: and post it, before that, inspect it for private info like name/password/ip/etc
23:23 Sokomine https://pastebin.com/bts97fHP
23:25 Sokomine apart from path names it ought to be fine
23:25 GreenDimondKiwi joined #minetest-dev
23:25 red-001 see GreenDimondKiwi I can't see what you say
23:26 Fixer Sokomine: also do: thread apply all bt full //// then save it to file for future needs
23:27 GreenDimondKiwi left #minetest-dev
23:28 ShadowNinja GreenDimond: Calinou's assigned to do that some time soon.
23:28 GreenDimond Ah ok
23:28 Fixer Sokomine: don't forget to post an issue on github and also add https://pastebin.com/bts97fHP to it
23:29 Fixer Sokomine: and ofc don't forget to describe the bug, versions used, etcetcf
23:36 GreenDimond joined #minetest-dev
23:40 GreenDimond joined #minetest-dev
23:41 bigfoot547 joined #minetest-dev
23:42 GreenDimond joined #minetest-dev
23:47 imr joined #minetest-dev

| Channels | #minetest-dev index | Today | | Google Search | Plaintext