Minetest logo

IRC log for #minetest-dev, 2015-08-20

| Channels | #minetest-dev index | Today | | Google Search | Plaintext

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:01 RealBadAngel we shall add to supress deprecated warnings
00:01 RealBadAngel a setting
00:01 est31 ?
00:01 RealBadAngel irrlicht has a shitload of that
00:02 RealBadAngel compiling minetest produces like 40 warnings that something in irrlicht is deprecated
00:02 est31 I see
00:03 RealBadAngel ‘virtual const c8* irr::scene::IBoneSceneNode::getBoneName() const’ is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
00:03 RealBadAngel }
00:03 RealBadAngel ^
00:03 est31 what do you compile with? irrlicht 1.9?
00:03 RealBadAngel 1.8 i think
00:03 RealBadAngel gcc 5.1
00:03 est31 hrmm, I dont get those
00:04 RealBadAngel your compiler is older
00:04 est31 yours has colors, no?
00:04 est31 really cool
00:04 RealBadAngel its c++11
00:04 est31 I do have a c++11 compiler too
00:05 RealBadAngel since when mt moved to 11? ;)
00:05 est31 well you can compile minetest with the strict setting to be c++11 I guess
00:06 est31 but you also can compile with the previous c++ version
00:06 est31 the arguments against requiring c++11 are still the same
00:07 est31 c++11 isn't that much better than previous versions that we do have to switch immediately
00:07 est31 also many devs of minetest can't even compile minetest anymore if it uses c++11
00:08 est31 because they use old distros thus old compilers
00:09 RealBadAngel its a bit of pain in the ass to get c++11 working
00:09 RealBadAngel but hey, only devs should do that ;)
00:10 RealBadAngel on the other hand we could get rid of idiots compiling hacked clients that way
00:10 est31 hah
00:10 RealBadAngel because they would propably fail setting up env ;)
00:11 est31 it will harm development more than preventing those bad people from cheating
00:11 est31 because people need build envs for development too
00:11 RealBadAngel i know, im joking
00:11 RealBadAngel but that will happen sooner or later
00:12 est31 yes, c++11 can be used one day, just not now.
00:12 RealBadAngel since im targeting now modern boxes i want to use modern stuff
00:13 est31 in your fork?
00:13 RealBadAngel yes
00:13 RealBadAngel atm im fixing little things, adding content
00:14 est31 whats the state of the pr?
00:14 RealBadAngel compiled i think, need to test it ;)
00:15 RealBadAngel nah
00:15 RealBadAngel too much virtual shit around
00:15 RealBadAngel i hate that
00:15 est31 "virtual" shit?
00:16 RealBadAngel i hate that function is declared in like 10 places
00:16 RealBadAngel but only one is real
00:16 RealBadAngel virtual shit
00:20 RealBadAngel you need code for somethin you make it doing exactly what it should do, not make it aviable in some weird way for martians and other creaturs
00:23 RealBadAngel but thats only my personal opinion
00:31 RealBadAngel est31, pushed but thats need to be compiled on mt side too
00:32 RealBadAngel please try it, im compiling it too
00:36 sgtbigman joined #minetest-dev
00:40 RealBadAngel est31, compiled, verified, squashed
00:40 RealBadAngel try the PR again and it should be good to go
00:43 est31 perhaps a more suiting commit message?
00:50 RealBadAngel feel free to suggest one ;)
00:51 est31 its mostly ok
00:51 est31 perhaps it should be left this way
00:51 RealBadAngel does it work ok for you?
00:53 est31 yes
00:56 * RealBadAngel cries... hate trashing such nice code.... ;)
00:57 RealBadAngel but it will be back :P
01:05 est31 lets merge the pr
01:06 RealBadAngel ok
01:07 est31 merged
01:07 est31 paramat disappeared without releasing
01:07 est31 not very good
01:09 RealBadAngel he will be back in the morning for sure
01:10 est31 so the bug got fixed, we can release the engine then.
01:10 est31 last call, hmmmm, others.
01:10 est31 at the end of this hour I release
01:10 est31 (the engine)
01:11 RealBadAngel i could find you a bug if you wish to delay it ;)
01:11 est31 perhaps expressed it wrongly, I'll push the version bump commits
01:12 RealBadAngel really dont want new bug report? ;)
01:15 RealBadAngel meanwhile im watchin my crops growing :) https://imgrush.com/5IG629cug_-c.png
01:16 est31 you want to release this as mod? nice
01:17 RealBadAngel it could be backported as a mod, this is going to be core feature
01:17 est31 well, I'm against having it inside minetest_game
01:17 kahrl RealBadAngel: I think it was incorrect to remove these lines: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/3079/​files#diff-f44f50a96d13d2421bd5301b7511ee26L257
01:18 kahrl what was the reasoning behind removing them?
01:18 RealBadAngel correct
01:18 RealBadAngel without displacement theres no point to care about tiling
01:18 kahrl there is
01:18 RealBadAngel explain
01:19 kahrl there's a couple of things in the fixed pipeline that care about it, e.g. bi/trilinear filters and maybe fsaa
01:19 kahrl try this: disable shaders, enable bilinear filtering and look at a dirt_with_grass node
01:19 kahrl you'll see a small green line at the bottom (with the default texture pack)
01:19 RealBadAngel aw shit
01:20 RealBadAngel that filter things are real pain in the ass
01:21 RealBadAngel btw, est31 you wanted that or not, i just recalled that 3rd person view is fucked up
01:21 RealBadAngel with the same fsaa stuff
01:21 est31 why is 3rd person view fucked up?
01:22 RealBadAngel fsaa is causing the same glitch with texures as with plants and the grass
01:23 est31 oh
01:23 est31 so kahrl RealBadAngel what do you both want to do about that code?
01:23 est31 PR?
01:24 RealBadAngel reset the master now
01:24 RealBadAngel i will update my PR
01:24 est31 no, just make a new one
01:25 RealBadAngel no point to make a mess
01:25 est31 resetting master is a mess
01:26 RealBadAngel as you want, i was reseting it already and nothing bad happened ;)
01:26 est31 there is a 10 minute limit
01:26 RealBadAngel check it then
01:28 est31 I've pushed your commit 45 minutes ago
01:28 RealBadAngel ok, so i will make a new pr
01:32 RealBadAngel kahrl, sorry i had no idea that code intended for shaders only is fixing issues without them too
01:40 RealBadAngel est31, #3082
01:40 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/3082 -- Quick fix - tileable flags are needed also without shaders because of… by RealBadAngel
01:43 est31 thanks
02:02 est31 okay, next try with the version bump commits
02:04 est31 we only have to wait for paramat and after he has pushed the 0.4.13 tag to mtgame, the builders.
02:04 est31 ~tell paramat can you make the mtgame release? It would be needed to complete the 0.4.13 release process
02:04 ShadowBot est31: O.K.
02:05 est31 after that we push the 0.4.13 tag to the engine
02:05 est31 and ask the builders to upload the binaries
02:05 est31 err other way round
02:06 hmmmm clap clap clap
02:08 OldCoder joined #minetest-dev
02:11 est31 I hope now everybody is happy
02:11 est31 or at least not super angry :)
02:13 paramat joined #minetest-dev
02:13 paramat yeah mtgame ready in 1-2 hours
02:13 Miner_48er joined #minetest-dev
02:15 paramat i'm currently testing my changes to fire mod in worst case scenario, a dense pine forest, turns out my changes weren't even remotely extreme enough. need to eat something then will merge the fire PR in 1 hour
02:15 paramat then the tag can be done
02:16 est31 btw, I dont think that fire should be tamed too much
02:16 est31 fire is extremely dangerous, perhaps it shouldnt be enabled by default outside of singleplayer
02:17 est31 but for faking fire there are mods
02:17 paramat it won't be too tame, during my last test it was still very difficult to contain
02:18 paramat after release it needs work, and firelike drawtype has too much effect on FPS
02:18 est31 containing burning forests as a single person is almost undoable in real life too
02:18 paramat currently, despite a recent increase in intervals, fire is still totally insane
02:18 paramat yeah
02:19 est31 well, this is a sandbox
02:19 est31 you can die in it too
02:20 est31 you can only prevent death, not react after you are hit lethally
02:21 est31 if you find an mtgame dev who shares your opinion, go on
02:31 est31 instead of making fire completely harmless, you could perhaps make it be extinguished by snow too
02:31 est31 that would be an actually logical change
02:31 est31 (and to disable fire by default outside singleplayer)
02:33 est31 also a fire that spreads fast and burns fast is better than one that spreads slowly and burns slowly, as the abm will be called even more often
02:34 est31 better have a lag thats short, than one thats long
02:34 est31 </my 2 cents>
02:35 * est31 feels to be too involved in mtgame development, but he likes a hard game more than an overly easy game.
02:36 est31 I don't build large or connected wood buildings on servers which I know have the fire mod
02:39 est31 whats the point in fire spreading anyway
02:40 est31 its just a feature for griefers, nothing more
02:40 est31 things should burn adjacent to lava, nothing more
02:41 est31 some people do have fun with burning down stuff, but they are few, and you can expect them to turn on a setting
02:42 est31 but they should get the full blast IMO and not something artificially trimmed down.
02:49 paramat right, now i'll update and merge the final PR
02:51 paramat i tuned values that make fire spread natural and realistic, not too fast, not slow, still very difficult and a complete panic to try and contain
02:52 paramat since the ABM chances are much lower than before the lua load will be much lower
02:53 paramat then i'll spend time tuning after release, for now these values are reasonable and good enough
03:07 paramat now pushing game 640
03:13 paramat merge complete. now a final test before tagging..
03:26 paramat seems okay, i guess someone checked the tilable flags? bumpmapped grass looks okay to me
03:34 paramat would anyone like to tag mtgame? i still need to learn how to do this, that will take some time and i'd rather not screw this release up
03:49 paramat i disappeared earlier because i was working on the final PR and didn't want distraction =)
04:05 paramat i agree parallax occlusion should be removed, to me it looks not good
04:06 est31 joined #minetest-dev
04:06 est31 paramat, tagged
04:07 paramat woohoo thanks
04:07 est31 also, the discussion was about renaming the setting I think
04:07 est31 not removing it
04:07 est31 great, now the code side for 0.4.13 is ready!
04:07 est31 sfan5, you are free to make builds now
04:08 est31 writing an email for blockmen
04:12 est31 wow fire has almost been disabled
04:13 VanessaE you want a really good test, try fire on a plantlife-modpack-enabled world
04:13 VanessaE I understand it's a real bitch to contain a fire there
04:13 VanessaE (even moreso than in a forest)
04:17 est31 prevent it, dont contain it
04:17 est31 but well, I dont get involved too much in mtgame development
04:19 VanessaE well I only say that because a while back I had someone hocking mir a chinik about how fast a fire spreads among those plants, and insisting in particular that I make them non-flammable.
04:19 est31 "hocking mir a chinik"?
04:20 VanessaE rough transliteration, a Yiddish phrase more or less meaning "annoying endlessly"
04:20 est31 can anybody answer my question
04:20 est31 whats the actual benefit of having fire
04:20 est31 except for griefers
04:20 VanessaE frankly, I see no benefit, which is why I remove it from my own game
04:20 VanessaE *but*
04:20 VanessaE this is mt_game and I know at least a couple mods rely on it if only for the texture
04:21 VanessaE plus of course some kind of "ultra-survival in a wasteland" type of game will need it
04:21 paramat fire spread starts slow but soon picks up speed after a few minutes as it exponentially multiplies
04:22 est31 fast enough for griefers to grief your house while you are away
04:22 est31 they place a lava bucket just outside of protection
04:22 est31 it flows next to the house
04:22 est31 bam, the house catches fire
04:25 paramat fire mod as it was, was almost unusable anywhere near a dense forest. it wasn't tuned very well
04:26 est31 what do you mean with usable
04:27 est31 whats the "use" of fire
04:27 VanessaE in mt_game, none.
04:27 est31 why has it been added the first place
04:27 est31 lets remove it
04:28 VanessaE that "ultra survival" idea comes from some MC mod I saw a video of once
04:28 est31 well, they can implement fire themselves
04:28 est31 we dont have corium either
04:28 est31 nor DBAN
04:28 VanessaE DBAN?
04:28 est31 http://www.dban.org/
04:28 paramat what's great is that with this initial tuning the ABM lua load will be reduced to less than 1/8th
04:29 est31 erm, no?
04:29 est31 yes it spreads more slowly
04:29 VanessaE I'd say keep the fire mod but disable it by defaulty
04:29 VanessaE -y
04:29 VanessaE don't force modders to re-implement it
04:30 VanessaE (in fact it already IS disabled by default isn't it?)
04:30 est31 but the actual burned cpu time needed for one tree to burn down remains the same
04:30 est31 no it is enabled by default
04:30 est31 @ least in singleplayer
04:30 est31 dunno bout multiplayer
04:30 VanessaE hm, ok
04:32 paramat what i mean is, the lua load is determined by the chance parameter. the intervals are roughly unchanged, but now, each interval, 8-16 times fewer nodes are processed
04:34 est31 well yeah, but for getting to every burnable node in a tree, you need the same number of neighbour spread calls
04:34 est31 whether they are executed all 5 seconds or randomly averaging once a minute is irrelevant
04:35 est31 this does reduce spikes
04:35 est31 but doesnt remove the actual load
04:36 est31 the only reduced load I can see here is the abm being disabled
04:37 est31 also, where was the approval from other devs for pushing that commit?
04:38 paramat ah yes load is spread out, guess i mean load rate
04:38 paramat earlier in IRC
04:38 est31 who
04:39 est31 ah i see
04:39 est31 ok then
04:41 est31 paramat, do you think fire should be kept around? and why
04:42 paramat so essentially the effect and lag on the lua server will be much lower, which was a big problem
04:43 paramat erm i like it, but it needs work
04:43 est31 what do you like about fire?
04:43 est31 are you a griefer?
04:43 hmmmm hopefully fire can be done better with client side modding
04:43 paramat hehe
04:44 est31 but why do we need fire
04:44 hmmmm you remember when I added auras to light sources?
04:44 paramat but on a server with many kids, i can understand it being disabled
04:44 est31 the only use case I see is griefing
04:44 est31 and having fun watching forests burn down in singleplayer
04:44 est31 the latter is ruined by the commit
04:44 hmmmm well that sorta thing where you'd be able to add some effect at position X will be possible for all sorts of things, fire animations included
04:45 hmmmm so fire would be an object at some location, not an actual node
04:46 est31 I dont see how that makes it better
04:46 est31 also fire destroys things, you cant let clients edit the map as they wish
04:47 est31 fire is the "super griefer tool"
04:47 est31 its pointless
04:48 hmmmm well, why does minecraft have fire then?
04:48 est31 are we a copy of minecraft
04:48 hmmmm no
04:48 hmmmm i'm just saying if it's pointless, why do other games have it
04:48 hmmmm because it adds an element of fun
04:48 est31 paramat uses "its looks less like minecraft" as a reason for his texture changes
04:48 est31 hmmmm, so we allow griefing?
04:49 est31 "because its fun"?
04:49 hmmmm this is a red herring
04:49 hmmmm if you're a server administrator you can remove the fire mod.  plain and simple.
04:49 est31 I guess for the griefer its great fun
04:49 est31 or add it
04:49 est31 if you want it
04:49 est31 why should we give server admins features they dont need
04:49 hmmmm ugh
04:50 hmmmm i'm not arguing about something like this
04:50 paramat even without a use, it's a fundamental thing, one of the 4 elements, and rather satisfying to watch and listen to
04:50 est31 we dont even have carts in minetest_game
04:50 hmmmm maybe there should be
04:50 est31 and why, because they are slow
04:50 est31 and horrible
04:50 est31 fire is horrible too
04:50 VanessaE because they're glitchy as fuck
04:50 VanessaE no offense to PA
04:52 est31 paramat, you just made playing with fire boring as hell
04:52 est31 just pur some buckets of water over it, done
04:52 est31 you need to sit there for ten minutes, until the fire spreads to more than three pine trees
04:53 est31 well I really shouldnt look at mtgame anymore
04:53 est31 too much things broken the last time.
04:53 est31 many things done well, yes
04:53 est31 but many things done wrong imo.
04:53 est31 I'll focus engine development
04:54 est31 with*
05:07 VanessaE one thing I *would* like to see is a way to turn off creation of apple trees (from saplings and mapgen) without having to edit the code
05:08 VanessaE i.e. a config setting somewhere
05:08 VanessaE less for me to maintain in my game ;)
05:13 paramat not enough demand for a config, but can be done in mgv5/mgv7 by clearing registered decorations and re-registering them with appletrees removed
05:14 paramat mgv6 is rather hardcoded
05:14 hmmmm VanessaE, you can do that right now
05:15 hmmmm have a look at mgv6_np_apple_trees
05:16 paramat ah yes, depends whether you mean disable all small trees or just the ones with apples
05:16 hmmmm you can do both
05:16 hmmmm mgv6_np_trees
05:19 paramat the trees noise affects jungle and pine trees too though
05:20 hmmmm ah oh well
05:20 hmmmm mgv6 is simply not designed for this level of customizability
05:21 deltib joined #minetest-dev
05:22 VanessaE hmmmm: pretty sure that doesn't affect trees spawned from saplings
05:22 VanessaE (I already do that for mapgen)
05:23 hmmmm do saplings spawn into schematics these days?
05:23 hmmmm i am not really up to date about mtgame anymore
05:24 VanessaE not sure.
05:24 paramat yeah a sapling now detects the mapgen and places a schematic in mgv5/mgv7
05:25 paramat ..or the classic design in mgv6
05:27 hmmmm is there any reason for this fragmentation?
05:29 paramat yes the mgv6 tree designs cannot be replicated by a schematic
05:29 hmmmm why is that
05:31 paramat schematics have per-node randomness, mgv6 trees are hardcoded routines with randomness acting on collections of nodes
05:31 paramat plus other stuff schematics can't do
05:31 hmmmm like what do you mean
05:31 paramat that's why mgv5/mgv7 trees have a different design
05:33 hmmmm maybe it's just me but i can't see why you shouldn't be able to make mgv6 trees with schematics
05:33 paramat mgv6 appletrees have randomly placed 2^3 cubes of nodes
05:34 hmmmm oh i see it
05:34 hmmmm don't you mean 2^2?
05:34 paramat so similar is the best schematics can do
05:35 VanessaE is anyone gonna actually *care* if the trees look a little different?
05:35 paramat no 3D, 2x2x2 nodes
05:35 hmmmm er
05:35 hmmmm yeah
05:35 hmmmm I don't know how I would make schematics do that
05:35 hmmmm it sounds like crazy feature creep
05:36 paramat i care. it feels like mgv6 should retain it's design character
05:36 hmmmm which kind do you personally like better
05:37 paramat i even felt bad making snowbiomes default, but popular demand..
05:37 paramat erm, my new designs
05:37 paramat in isolation
05:37 paramat wouldn't want them in mgv6
05:37 hmmmm mgv6 is only preserved for reverse compatibility
05:38 hmmmm it's not like mgv6's design is sacred; in many ways it's inferior to v5
05:38 hmmmm i'll admit it does a great job for 2d noise only
05:43 paramat well perhaps we could have a mgv6 version 2 that keeps the terrain shape (without mudflow to enable custom higher terrain) but in all other ways works like mgv5/mgv7, new tree designs, biome API etc
05:45 paramat i could put that together quick and easy
05:46 hmmmm eh
05:46 hmmmm it's easy but messy
05:46 VanessaE something I'd love to see is a way to change the mapgen on a world, start a new 'city' somewhere in not-yet-generated terrain, and have it automagically flow/blend with the existing terrain
05:46 VanessaE but that would take an act of magic probably
05:47 hmmmm not really
05:47 VanessaE (the idea of course being upgrading old worlds, rather than just throwing them out)
05:47 hmmmm it just needs developers working on it
05:47 johnwayne1986 joined #minetest-dev
05:47 hmmmm i've got my hands tied between real life and client side scripting
05:48 hmmmm :/
05:48 VanessaE no problem.  it's just something for the far future
05:48 hmmmm lol
05:48 VanessaE round about the same time as that "strip the map down to just what's been built on/dug out" idea :)
05:48 VanessaE pipe dreams, etc.
05:49 hmmmm nah
05:49 hmmmm this idea is much more plausible
05:49 hmmmm recording map deltas only is much more difficult than you might think.  there are technical reasons why it hasn't been done already
05:50 VanessaE nah I don't mean that
05:50 VanessaE I mean more like, given a list of nodes, if a mapblock contains anything outside that list, it's "built on".
05:50 VanessaE otherwise it's just something that was generated as an aside, and could be deleted.
05:50 hmmmm oh
05:51 hmmmm so like generate a diff given a current map
05:51 hmmmm *that* is doable
05:51 VanessaE yes, something like that
05:53 VanessaE or even generate a "shadow" copy of the map, get your list of nodes, and then compare that list to the real one.
05:53 VanessaE (where the shadow has identical characteristics to the real one, including lua callbacks)
05:54 hmmmm sounds cool, how's it going to get stored though?
05:54 VanessaE well the way I figured it, you'd just be deleting blocks from the database that contain nothing outside of the list derived from the shadow.
05:54 VanessaE so no need to change the storage format
05:55 VanessaE sort of a "let's clean up the map *now*" feature, in the same vein as /clearobjects
05:56 VanessaE one would probably want to limit it to blocks above Y=-1 though.
05:56 VanessaE well no..
05:56 VanessaE hrm
05:57 hmmmm liquid flowing
05:57 hmmmm you do have a point
05:58 hmmmm it's not as simple as ignoring liquids either because of lava cooling
05:58 hmmmm and other abms
05:58 VanessaE *nod* I know
05:58 hmmmm if you can figure out a creative solution to this problem i'd be willing to do it
05:58 hmmmm :P
05:58 VanessaE is there a way, from a mod, to hit a mapblock without forcing it to generate?
05:59 celeron55 joined #minetest-dev
05:59 VanessaE (but forcing it to load if it's already been generated, of course)
05:59 hmmmm hit?
05:59 VanessaE hit/read
06:00 hmmmm no
06:00 VanessaE too bad,.
06:00 hmmmm that would be pretty useful though, huh?
06:00 VanessaE this would be doable from a mod if that were the case.
06:01 hmmmm get_node() does getBlockNoGenerateNoEx
06:01 hmmmm but what you'd want is a variant of get_node() that calls emergeBlock(..., false) instead
06:01 VanessaE just rattle through the mapblocks one at a time, attempt to read it, return early if it's not yet generated, otherwise search it for the nodes in some predefined list, execute the /deleteblock function for that block if no match
06:02 hmmmm do you realize how slow that is
06:02 hmmmm lol
06:02 VanessaE oh I'm sure it would be abysmal :)
06:02 paramat left #minetest-dev
06:05 VanessaE of course that depends on slow find_nodes_in_area() really is
06:05 VanessaE you can feed a whole list to it and it'll return an empty table if there are no matches
06:06 VanessaE (in this instance you don't actually care what is returned if the table is not empty, as you'll just skip to the next block without evaluating the table)
06:11 VanessaE (better to do something like that in-core though since you'd be able to just read directly from the database without worrying about what your search pattern is or what is or isn't generated)
06:11 hmmmm so you want to filter a mapblock against a list of acceptable nodes?
06:11 VanessaE yep, easily doable in lua with the above call
06:12 hmmmm so if block[z][y][x] is one of {brick, cobble, torch, etc.} then filtered_block[z][y][x] = block[z][y][x] otherwise content ignore
06:12 hmmmm ?
06:13 hmmmm that sort of logic?
06:13 VanessaE yes, basically that
06:14 VanessaE anyway I'm getting pretty tired so I'm gonna call it a night
06:14 hmmmm that's easily doable
06:14 hmmmm hmm
06:15 VanessaE except you want to invert the condition
06:15 sprinkl left #minetest-dev
06:15 VanessaE if block[z][y][x] is contains none of {list of nodes} then content ignore, else filtered = block.
06:16 VanessaE -is
06:16 hmmmm err
06:16 hmmmm we're thinking of two separate things
06:16 VanessaE heh ok
06:16 VanessaE let's save this for another time then
06:16 hmmmm so yeah your logic there can filter out entire mapblocks
06:17 hmmmm but then you'd still need my logic to decide which nodes inside the block you'd like to keep
06:17 hmmmm what's the endgoal here?  trimming a map, or cutting out user-created portions of a map
06:18 VanessaE trimming out all the extra, generated junk no one has been to in forever
06:18 hmmmm okay so just trimming
06:18 VanessaE it has a secondary use:
06:18 hmmmm it's funny
06:19 hmmmm immediately storing generated blocks into the db is predicated on the notion that generation is much slower than loading from disk
06:19 hmmmm when the exact opposite is true in practice
06:19 VanessaE once such a command has been run and the map trimmed, you could then add a new mod that depends on newly-generated terrain, without forcing your players to go searching 20km from spawn
06:20 VanessaE (i.e. some new ores mod or whatever)
06:21 Hunterz joined #minetest-dev
06:21 VanessaE ok, off to bed.
06:23 nrzkt joined #minetest-dev
06:25 blblblblb joined #minetest-dev
06:26 blblblblb joined #minetest-dev
06:26 nrzkt2 joined #minetest-dev
06:38 julienrat joined #minetest-dev
06:42 julienrat left #minetest-dev
06:50 nore joined #minetest-dev
07:10 Gael-de-Sailly joined #minetest-dev
07:20 Darcidride joined #minetest-dev
08:05 Yepoleb joined #minetest-dev
08:44 Sketch2 joined #minetest-dev
08:48 johnwayne1986 joined #minetest-dev
08:48 Sketch2 joined #minetest-dev
08:49 rubenwardy joined #minetest-dev
09:03 wischi joined #minetest-dev
09:06 rubenwardy #1256 hasn't been done yet?
09:06 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/1256 -- Everything in the HUD should be scalable by DPI
09:08 rubenwardy hmm  https://github.com/minetes​t/minetest/labels/blocker
09:23 kilbith joined #minetest-dev
09:24 kilbith est31, don't forget to sync master with stable-0.4 branch
09:31 nrzkt rubenwardy: closed.
09:34 rubenwardy joined #minetest-dev
09:34 rubenwardy we now have exactly 500 issues
09:38 nrzkt too munch
09:38 nrzkt much
09:41 rubenwardy yeah
09:41 rubenwardy 139 bugs
09:48 rubenwardy joined #minetest-dev
09:54 ElectronLibre joined #minetest-dev
09:59 julienrat joined #minetest-dev
10:12 rubenwardy joined #minetest-dev
10:13 tuy joined #minetest-dev
10:17 err404 joined #minetest-dev
10:18 johnwayne1986 joined #minetest-dev
10:24 Amaz joined #minetest-dev
10:25 rubenwardy urgh
10:25 rubenwardy the mainmenu code really really sucks
10:27 rubenwardy why is it done like this? https://github.com/minetest/minetest/blo​b/master/doc/menu_lua_api.txt#L148-L149
10:28 rubenwardy will there by any other server lists than local and online?
10:29 rubenwardy firstly the function name is misleading to me, it should be core.get_servers()
10:30 rubenwardy secondly it could be split into core.get_serverlist() and core.get_favorites()
10:33 nrzkt rubenwardy: pr ? :)
10:33 rubenwardy yeah
10:33 rubenwardy preparing
10:38 blaze joined #minetest-dev
10:59 TBC_x joined #minetest-dev
11:15 TBC_x VanessaE: Does the Lua oom error happen on every your server?
11:22 julienrat left #minetest-dev
11:24 rubenwardy joined #minetest-dev
11:28 rubenwardy isn't the feature freeze over now?
11:42 sgtbigman joined #minetest-dev
11:44 H-H-H joined #minetest-dev
11:49 nrzkt rubenwardy 0.4.13 is released. Please look at the changelog
11:50 Amaz nrzkt, if 0.4.13 has been released, shouldn't something be made here (https://github.com/minetest/minetest/releases) or will that be done later?
11:51 zupoman joined #minetest-dev
11:51 sfan5 there is a release draft
11:54 rubenwardy ~topic
11:54 ShadowBot rubenwardy: Minetest core development and maintenance. Feature freeze IN EFFECT until 0.4.13 release, no commits on the master branch except bugfixes or trivial (small) cleanups. Chit-chat goes to #minetest. Consider this instead of /msg celeron55. http://irc.minetest.ru/minetest-dev/ http://dev.minetest.net/
11:55 rubenwardy nrzkt, I WROTE the changelog
11:55 sfan5 rubenwardy: why is it not in the wiki page?
11:55 sfan5 also >~topic
11:55 sfan5 wat
11:55 sfan5 that command is stupid
11:56 sfan5 literally every irc client has /topic
11:56 rubenwardy was waiting for it to actually be release
11:56 rubenwardy /topic only sends it to me, not to whole channel
11:57 Hunterz !topic
11:57 ShadowBot Hunterz: Minetest core development and maintenance. Feature freeze IN EFFECT until 0.4.13 release, no commits on the master branch except bugfixes or trivial (small) cleanups. Chit-chat goes to #minetest. Consider this instead of /msg celeron55. http://irc.minetest.ru/minetest-dev/ http://dev.minetest.net/
11:57 Hunterz :)
11:58 rubenwardy the topic command can also set the topic
12:02 rubenwardy great
12:02 rubenwardy dev.minetest.net is offline
12:03 rubenwardy "Sorry, we could not find dev.minetest.net."
12:04 rubenwardy page should be this: https://gist.github.com/rube​nwardy/e2835402455d803ffc5e
12:08 rubenwardy done  http://dev.minetest.net/Changelog
12:08 TBC_x damn... I think I missed the release
12:12 nanepiwo the devs still haven't updated the forum, or site, and some other things...
12:12 rubenwardy the release cycle isn't finished yet
12:13 rubenwardy see http://dev.minetest.net/Releasing_Minetest
12:13 nanepiwo useful link, thanks!
12:13 nanepiwo I was talking to TBC_x
12:15 rubenwardy can't wait for the possibilities of client-side-scripting
12:16 TBC_x well... I have weak moments sometimes... and then my brain just doesn't work and I just play some games
12:16 TBC_x and I need to fix a race condition
12:17 TBC_x which is not trivial because it happens in packet handler and I don't favor quick & dirty fixes
12:18 TBC_x that race condition causes heap corruption
12:18 TBC_x so it is kinda severe
12:20 TBC_x removing est31's  SRP code would be very easy way for me because I don't understand his code
12:20 TBC_x SRP is mostly in my way
12:21 TBC_x the issue I have with SRP is that it uses RemoteClient class as data container
12:33 twoelk joined #minetest-dev
12:51 RealBadAngel excuse me, but .13 is out now
12:51 TBC_x ikr
12:51 RealBadAngel we are waitin now for packagers
12:52 TBC_x I am mad at myself because I didn't make it in time
12:52 RealBadAngel i wanst sleeping all nite to fix the current issues and let it happen
12:52 RealBadAngel .13 is real now
12:53 RealBadAngel literally im walknin on my eybrows now
12:54 TBC_x I thought it was supposed to be released on saturday
12:54 RealBadAngel and saw paramats opinion that relief mapping sux
12:56 RealBadAngel i really going to stop contributing to master if i will get such opinions
12:56 RealBadAngel i dont care anymore
12:57 RealBadAngel middle finger and goodbye
12:57 RealBadAngel im just tired of it
12:57 swaaws joined #minetest-dev
12:58 RealBadAngel please hire another gfx man to be such stupid as me :P
12:59 RealBadAngel im off, literally
12:59 TBC_x http://irc.minetest.ru/minet​est-dev/2015-08-10#i_4359435
13:00 TBC_x I was relying on that date :P
13:00 RealBadAngel fuck of dates, tastes or whatever
13:00 RealBadAngel hmmm is the best coder out there
13:00 RealBadAngel paramat has the best taste
13:01 RealBadAngel all others are absent but can veto anythin
13:01 RealBadAngel its damn sick
13:01 Megaf_ joined #minetest-dev
13:01 RealBadAngel only est31 is trying to be in the middle
13:02 RealBadAngel .13 was my last effort
13:02 RealBadAngel i wont be creating PR for mt anylonger
13:03 RealBadAngel you dont care bout me, i wont care bout you
13:03 RealBadAngel cya
13:03 TBC_x hf
13:03 Zeitgeist_ joined #minetest-dev
13:04 RealBadAngel actually im having fun right now
13:04 RealBadAngel and you wont
13:04 TBC_x good for you
13:04 RealBadAngel i spent 2 yrs coding for mt
13:05 RealBadAngel whatver, just fuck off
13:06 RealBadAngel im outta here
13:06 RealBadAngel left #minetest-dev
13:11 * twoelk is sad as he realizes there might be less exciting new eyecandy (and many other things) in the future
13:24 nrzkt for the release i think est31 forget to set the tag
13:25 nrzkt i will apply it nows
13:32 nrzkt tag is pushed
13:42 leat joined #minetest-dev
14:10 Calinou joined #minetest-dev
14:20 leat joined #minetest-dev
14:28 Player_2 joined #minetest-dev
14:33 VanessaE my servers have been updated to HEAD.
14:43 proller joined #minetest-dev
14:54 Donillo help
14:54 Donillo ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerEnvironment::loadMeta(): EnvArgsEnd not found!
14:54 Donillo what did I just broke?
14:54 Calinou Donillo, in the world's env_meta.txt write this:
14:54 Calinou game_time = 532
14:54 Calinou time_of_day = 17877
14:54 Calinou EnvArgsEnd
14:54 VanessaE look for the env_meta.txt file in your world, and repla...
14:55 Calinou the game should do this automatically, seriously :(
14:55 VanessaE what Calinou said.
14:55 Donillo huh
14:55 Donillo I've removed env_meta.txt and env_meta.~mt
14:55 Donillo both were 0 bytes
14:56 Donillo I think something got messed up
14:57 Donillo I've been trying to setup logging to file via tee
15:00 celeron55 on what platform is this?
15:01 Donillo git build on Linux
15:01 celeron55 the ~mt file is supposed to handle the situation properly and make MT never end up with an actual empty file, assuming the operating system is working properly
15:01 Donillo Debian Wheezy, 32 bit
15:01 Donillo it started previously normally
15:01 celeron55 what happened when you stopped playing last time?
15:01 Donillo I guess I messed up soemthing with arguments while trying t ~o setup logging
15:02 celeron55 how close are you to running out of disk space? i mean, is that what happened?
15:02 Donillo well, I think that's not relevant since I've restarted server multiple times successfully (terminated server with ^C), but previously server rebooted due power loss or something
15:02 Donillo likely it was messed up command line
15:02 celeron55 oh well that explains
15:03 celeron55 the power loss messed up your filesystem
15:03 Donillo ext4 + restarted minetestserver successfully until messing with start shell script?
15:04 Donillo IMO unlikely, that was me, not power failure
15:04 Donillo :D
15:04 celeron55 you can't break that file using minetest
15:04 celeron55 if you manually emptied it somehow outside of minetest, then yes; but that sounds like quite the command line mess-up
15:05 Donillo maybe some leftovers from power loss, no idea right now
15:05 Donillo server is working now
15:05 celeron55 so i mean, the server started fine after the power loss, and then only later failed?
15:05 Donillo yea
15:05 Donillo after I messed with command line
15:11 nanepiwo celeron55, same happens to me every time my linux computer is force-shutdown (usually due to mt freezing to avoid overheating)
15:11 nanepiwo *everything freezes
15:12 Donillo does it take few minetestserver reboots to show up?
15:13 nanepiwo no, minetestserver won't start without that file
15:13 celeron55 nanepiwo: what exactly happens every time?
15:13 celeron55 nanepiwo: does it always do it, and always end up with a zero-length file?
15:13 nanepiwo yes.
15:13 celeron55 or does it always do it, but sometimes there is no file and sometimes a zero-length file?
15:13 nanepiwo or at least so far
15:13 celeron55 or does it only sometimes do it, and what then?
15:14 nanepiwo there's almost-always an empty file, otherwise its normal
15:14 celeron55 which version of minetest is it?
15:14 celeron55 Donillo: you too; version please
15:15 nanepiwo some dev build of 0.4.12, not sure which commit
15:20 Siva_android joined #minetest-dev
15:21 Siva_android joined #minetest-dev
15:24 Donillo No, I don't suspect anything what could cause failure except myself :)
15:25 Donillo ffe3f03bc514d5cd2a0a520ea6fb69594c7dff77
15:26 Siva_android joined #minetest-dev
15:26 celeron55 ok; both of those versions basically have the same (up-to-date) code regarding to this
15:26 celeron55 but i just noticed that the current code contains a bug caused by this commit: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/commi​t/5f1f1151d3a9c113902630adc16cc3f4845da7ba
15:26 celeron55 that commit enabled the workaround behavior that was made for windows to be used on linux too
15:27 celeron55 i can't find anything else that could cause the issue so this is rather high on my suspect list now
15:32 celeron55 https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/3084
15:32 DFeniks joined #minetest-dev
15:35 proller joined #minetest-dev
15:35 kahrl the relevant PR is #1477
15:35 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/1477 -- Remove temporary file at safeWriteToFile() by Selat
15:38 celeron55 yeah i wasn't thinking about the actual safeness of the operation in the comment there; i was only thinking about whether it will work at all
15:45 nerzhul_ joined #minetest-dev
15:49 DFeniks joined #minetest-dev
15:52 nrzkt joined #minetest-dev
15:53 hmmmm joined #minetest-dev
16:00 rubenwardy joined #minetest-dev
16:00 tuy joined #minetest-dev
16:15 est31 joined #minetest-dev
16:18 julienrat joined #minetest-dev
16:18 johnwayne1986 joined #minetest-dev
16:20 est31 nrzkt, I didnt forget to push the 0.4.13 tag, its because github forces every tag to be a release
16:20 est31 you cant just tag without doing a release
16:20 est31 so therefore I would have waited for the windows builds to be available
16:22 Hunterz joined #minetest-dev
16:22 Topic for #minetest-dev is now Minetest core development and maintenance. Last release 0.4.13, Aug 20 2015. Chit-chat goes to #minetest. Consider this instead of /msg celeron55. http://irc.minetest.ru/minetest-dev/ http://dev.minetest.net/
16:22 Topic for #minetest-dev is now Minetest core development and maintenance. Last release: 0.4.13, Aug 20 2015. Chit-chat goes to #minetest. Consider this instead of /msg celeron55. http://irc.minetest.ru/minetest-dev/ http://dev.minetest.net/
16:23 est31 forgot a colon ;)
16:23 Robert_Zenz joined #minetest-dev
16:24 est31 very fine, we have MSVC builds
16:24 est31 thanks blockmen
16:24 est31 nrzkt, can you try doing android builds?
16:25 hmmmm :)
16:25 est31 uploading to github + play store
16:26 nrzkt this evening i will try to do it
16:26 est31 ok
16:26 nrzkt else it will be available maximum this weekend
16:31 est31 no problem with that
16:39 Donillo player's ability to elevate with shift is affected by server only?
16:40 est31 shift is sneak
16:40 Donillo looks like I just found out parkour in MT
16:41 Donillo broke into my own house via window :P
16:41 Donillo btw, is there are efficient way to combat going through protected walls?
16:42 julienrat left #minetest-dev
16:57 leat joined #minetest-dev
17:08 leat joined #minetest-dev
17:16 Donillo it is possible to send position information to client exactly with that "returning block"?
17:16 Donillo if so, server could just reset player's position if he moved while trying to break protected vblock
17:17 Donillo possible to?
17:18 rubenwardy possible, but would be very annoying
17:18 Donillo how so?
17:18 Donillo don't do anythibg visible if player can break node
17:19 Donillo just move him where he started if he can't
17:20 Donillo for example, save position of player when he punches protected node and reset his position to that when he tries to break it, maybe rounding down position to node's center
17:28 leat joined #minetest-dev
17:29 twoelk joined #minetest-dev
17:31 Krock joined #minetest-dev
17:35 MinetestForFun joined #minetest-dev
17:36 est31 joined #minetest-dev
17:37 est31 Donillo, it is possible to do such "protections".
17:38 leat joined #minetest-dev
17:39 est31 minecraft has a very straightforward and simple algorithm for this
17:39 est31 perhaps it should be implemented, dunno.
17:39 est31 but it would be against freedom
17:40 est31 you don't get harmed by people who break into your house, unlike in RL.
17:40 est31 so I'm undecided on whether to do it or not
17:42 H-H-H joined #minetest-dev
17:42 est31 it would work even without any changes to protocol
17:42 est31 only server changes needed
17:43 BlockMen joined #minetest-dev
17:44 BlockMen why is 04.13 still halfish releases?
17:44 BlockMen +.
17:45 est31 do you want to release without mingw builds?
17:45 est31 releasing without them is better IMO than with outdated builds
17:46 BlockMen i dont see a problem with that. but more important than my personal view on that is why everything else is done already then
17:46 BlockMen *means the uncomment commit and added tag
17:47 est31 the uncomment commit? you mean https://github.com/minetest/minetest/commi​t/ffe3f03bc514d5cd2a0a520ea6fb69594c7dff77
17:48 est31 I think that its good, that we push both version bump commit and uncomment commit in one step, so that nobody accidentially pushes commits onto master
17:48 est31 It happened after 0.4.12 if I recall right
17:48 BlockMen yes, - after - it was released
17:48 leat joined #minetest-dev
17:49 BlockMen it is also stated to be done not before in the dev wiki
17:50 BlockMen http://dev.minetest.net/Relea​sing_Minetest#After_releasing
17:50 est31 it says "Check that the util/bump_version.sh script did the following steps"
17:50 est31 important word is "check"
17:50 est31 not "do"
17:51 BlockMen no, the important here is "After releasing"
17:51 est31 yes, after releasing you check that that happened too.
17:51 BlockMen releasing without binaries is no release
17:51 est31 agreed.
17:51 nanepiwo after releasing: reenable -dev suffix: check it worked
17:52 est31 we only released the src now, for engine and game
17:52 est31 so lets push the button then
17:53 tuy joined #minetest-dev
17:53 BlockMen est31, you deleted the mingw builds already?
17:53 est31 not yet, why?
17:54 BlockMen because they are gone o.O
17:54 BlockMen sfan5? ^
17:54 sfan5 no it was me
17:54 sfan5 i built new ones
17:54 sfan5 I'm uploading them now
17:55 BlockMen ah, good
17:55 BlockMen can you change the changelog thing while you are on it?
17:55 sfan5 change?
17:55 Siva_android is mingw a dev build?
17:55 est31 and push the button?
17:55 sfan5 Siva_android: no
17:56 BlockMen sfan5, the checkbox
17:56 sfan5 oh, sure
17:57 Siva_android OK then what is it?
17:57 sfan5 a build compiled with a different compiler
17:57 Siva_android ah
17:57 sfan5 might work better for some people
17:57 BlockMen im making the forum topic now
17:57 TBC_x est31, does client->create_player_on_auth_success indicate that the client just connected to the server?
17:58 est31 TBC_x, I'll answer, but later, ok? I'm busy releasing
17:58 est31 getting binaries for linux too
17:58 TBC_x damn... I wanted to fix the heap corruption before release :P
17:58 TBC_x what a shame
17:59 est31 heap corruption?
17:59 kilbith joined #minetest-dev
17:59 est31 well, I guess it can wait for after the releae as well.
17:59 sfan5 ok uploaded the mingw builds
18:00 kilbith est31, you should merge master in stable-0.4 branch
18:00 est31 kilbith, yes, I'm on it
18:00 est31 right now I'm wondering why I dont have the branch locally
18:01 nrzkt joined #minetest-dev
18:02 est31 argh, too much files changed by both parties
18:02 est31 many many merge conflicts
18:05 sfan5 merge conflicts?
18:05 est31 I've typed
18:05 sfan5 shouldn stable-0.4 be fast-forwardable to master?
18:05 est31 no because nrzkt has done fixes on android on it
18:05 est31 for*
18:05 est31 perhaps next time he should use some other branch
18:06 est31 I've typed $ git checkout upstream/stable-0.4
18:06 est31 then $ git merge 0.4.13
18:06 nrzkt git rebase master
18:07 est31 then I've typed git status, and lotsa red files
18:07 est31 nrzkt, the release manual says "merge", not "rebase"
18:07 sfan5 but rebase is what you should do
18:07 est31 what I've done after it was aborting the conflicting merge, and saying "git merge -X theirs 0.4.13"
18:07 sfan5 or wait
18:08 sfan5 does rebase change commit ids...
18:08 sfan5 probably
18:08 nrzkt no
18:08 est31 yes of course it does
18:08 BlockMen ofc it does
18:08 est31 commit ids are immutable
18:08 nrzkt git remove branch and re-do it
18:08 nrzkt it's not a problem
18:08 est31 (immutable is a shit word I know, but thats what linus torvalds said)
18:09 BlockMen IIRC there was made a decision on that, since there was something different last release
18:09 BlockMen but idk any - what -  was decided
18:09 est31 The manual sais "The new release should be merged to the stable-0.4 branch on both minetest and minetest_game. "
18:09 est31 celeron55, do you remember the discussion?
18:10 est31 any problems with actually merging?
18:10 est31 I know its not the way we do it for master branch and pull requests, and this is good
18:11 celeron55 what else can you do?
18:11 est31 you can do what nrzkt suggested, removing the tag, and re-pushing it
18:11 est31 err branch
18:12 est31 I guess its the same as doing git reset --hard 0.4.13 on the branch
18:12 est31 and then git push -f
18:12 celeron55 wait
18:12 est31 merging would ensure that git describe finds the 0.4.13 tag in history.
18:13 est31 @ least I think
18:13 est31 yes it finds 0.4.13
18:13 celeron55 what exactly *is* the problem?
18:13 celeron55 is the problem that the tag is on master, not on stable-0.4?
18:13 est31 the tag belongs to master, no?
18:14 celeron55 i'm pretty sure the tag should be on stable-0.4; but is this the issue?
18:14 est31 we had problems with that the last time we did it
18:15 est31 because we use git describe on the master branch
18:15 celeron55 oh, okay, then it should probably be on master
18:16 celeron55 i don't see any issue anywhere; i think master just has to be merged onto stable-0.4 then
18:17 celeron55 any conflicts should be resolved by taking what is in master
18:18 celeron55 if things break when doing that, then master has been mishandled by not including all fixes into it that have been put into stable-0.4
18:20 est31 nrz has pushed commits onto stable-0.4, he's used it for android fixes.
18:21 celeron55 if the same fixes are in master too, the merge should work fine; are they?
18:22 est31 I honestly don't know why the merge fails
18:23 BlockMen wasnt the freeze0.4.12 branch merged into stable intead of master last time?
18:24 kilbith correct
18:24 est31 there is no freeze branch
18:24 est31 the freezing branch is master
18:24 BlockMen ^ this time again, not for 0.4.12
18:24 crazyR joined #minetest-dev
18:25 est31 This is an excerpt from the merge conflict > https://gist.github.com/ano​nymous/b80b0bb5d348c0efdfa3
18:25 GunshipPenguin joined #minetest-dev
18:26 est31 I really have no idea what happened here
18:26 GunshipPenguin left #minetest-dev
18:27 est31 seems the fixes were already done on master, but weren't recognized by git merge
18:28 celeron55 this merge is weird for sure
18:32 BlockMen has the history of the "after release"-commits on stable to be saved?
18:32 celeron55 everyone: don't push anything anywhere now without asking
18:33 kahrl damn, now I can't play sokoban
18:33 est31 lol
18:33 celeron55 maybe "git merge --strategy-option theirs master" does what we want?
18:33 est31 replace perhaps master with 0.4.13
18:33 est31 because master already has the "continue with develpment" commit
18:33 celeron55 oh, yeah
18:34 est31 but yes, I think thats what we need
18:34 est31 at least people on #git said git merge -s theirs is it.
18:34 celeron55 it merges fine; i'm currently testing whether it builds on linux
18:35 celeron55 it... builds, but it doesn't seem to quite work
18:36 TBC_x Is there still time for complaints about credits tab?
18:37 celeron55 yes; any complaints will be addressed for next release
18:37 est31 yea
18:37 TBC_x TeTpaAka don't match my nickname
18:37 celeron55 this is not the last release of minetest like everyone seems to think for every release
18:37 TBC_x hehe
18:38 celeron55 looks like my network setup is just fucked; not even master works for me
18:38 est31 celeron55, can you push the commit to your local fork? then I can try to build and run it
18:39 celeron55 pushed
18:39 celeron55 https://github.com/celeron55​/minetest/commits/stable-0.4
18:40 celeron55 the commit tree seems to looks fine
18:41 celeron55 est31: if you confirm that the thing actually works, you can push it
18:41 celeron55 i need to be afk for a while ->
18:43 BlockMen only thing i noticed in commit tree is "Bump version to 0.4.12" is double
18:43 BlockMen no, actually every commit of 0.4.12
18:44 Amaz joined #minetest-dev
18:44 est31 it seems to be split since e62927ed71c557cd885fce03fbc34bb6020089a3
18:45 est31 I guess thats when we entered 0.4.12 freeze
18:45 MinetestForFun joined #minetest-dev
18:46 est31 seems to work for me
18:46 BlockMen nope, there are more est
18:46 kahrl est31: does it compile for android?
18:47 est31 kahrl, it should
18:47 est31 but I test
18:47 kahrl I think android's mbtowc is broken
18:47 est31 how do you mean it?
18:48 kahrl https://github.com/celeron55/minetes​t/blob/4865b316ba3a8bae0aba745190993​44b731a4e2b/src/util/string.cpp#L229
18:48 kahrl there is no variable named "tmp"
18:49 VanessaE joined #minetest-dev
18:49 BlockMen brb
18:51 est31 grrrr
18:51 est31 thats bad
18:51 est31 getting it too
18:52 est31 well, seems we can't release android without bugfix patches either :(
18:52 kahrl I honestly would feel safer just deleting the branch and recreating it from scratch
18:52 kahrl who knows what else is broken
18:53 est31 well seems to be c55's fault
18:53 est31 open 4865b316ba3a8bae0aba74519099344b731a4e2b in gitk
18:54 est31 there you see changes to weird list of files
18:54 est31 perhaps he had it in the working dir
18:54 est31 and accidentially included them
18:54 kahrl hmm
18:55 est31 if it did actually succeed, git diff 0.4.13 would be empty
18:55 kahrl why would he do stuff to the polish translation though
18:55 kahrl err czech
18:55 est31 dunno
18:56 est31 git diff showed precisely those files
18:57 est31 kahrl, can you try to do the git merge -s theirs ?
18:57 kahrl sec
18:57 est31 I can't do it, old git version
18:58 est31 for my 2.1.4 it says "Konnte Merge-Strategie 'theirs' nicht finden."
18:58 kahrl Could not find merge strategy 'theirs'. Available strategies are: octopus ours recursive resolve subtree.
18:58 kahrl I think it's --strategy-option theirs
19:00 kahrl with that I'm also getting a diff on po/cs/minetest.po and src/util/string.cpp
19:00 kahrl not the exact same as c55's though
19:04 kahrl ah, this seems to be better: git checkout upstream/stable-0.4; git merge -X theirs -X patience 0.4.13
19:04 est31 hrmm figured out a way that seems to work
19:04 est31 https://github.com/est31/minetest/tree/stable-0.4
19:04 est31 git checkout 0.4.13; git merge -s ours upstream/stable-0.4
19:05 est31 kahrl, is the diff empty for you as well?
19:05 kahrl yeah
19:06 BlockMen joined #minetest-dev
19:06 est31 okay, kahrl can you verify that it works, and then push it?
19:06 est31 I'll push the button for the windows binaries, android can come later
19:07 est31 there it is: https://github.com/minetest/​minetest/releases/tag/0.4.13
19:08 est31 doing launchpad and stuff later
19:08 est31 gotta go afk
19:10 kahrl est31/stable-0.4 builds and works for me, pushing to upstream now
19:10 BlockMen should i post on forums now or should that wait for launchpad?
19:10 BlockMen kahrl, seems fine to me (git history)
19:13 kilbith why especially laundpad ?
19:14 BlockMen i thought only launchpad has to be pushed manually.
19:14 celeron55 because due to historical reasons we have to maintain the launchpad package; we don't want to, but people expect it to be there
19:14 celeron55 we would like it if some ubuntu person took it, but nobody hasn't volunteered
19:15 celeron55 nobody has*
19:16 celeron55 our policy otherwise is that the core team does not maintain any distro packages and we have succesfully avoided that, other than this historical launchpad crap
19:16 celeron55 maybe we could just abandon it; dunno?
19:17 BlockMen umm...so i gonna post it on forums now with note that android and launchpad missing?!??
19:19 celeron55 i think that's ok
19:21 BlockMen done
19:22 kilbith one thing : pin it on top of subforum
19:22 BlockMen cant, have no moderation privs
19:22 kilbith well, sfan5
19:23 kahrl or VanessaE
19:26 celeron55 me
19:27 BlockMen thx
19:29 Calinou joined #minetest-dev
19:39 exoplanet joined #minetest-dev
19:42 Gael-de-Sailly joined #minetest-dev
19:43 Hunterz joined #minetest-dev
19:56 emptty joined #minetest-dev
20:29 tuy joined #minetest-dev
20:46 Andro_Siva joined #minetest-dev
20:50 Siva-Android joined #minetest-dev
21:06 Siva_AndroIRC joined #minetest-dev
21:08 Siva_Machina joined #minetest-dev
21:40 ElectronLibre left #minetest-dev
21:49 julienrat joined #minetest-dev
21:49 julienrat left #minetest-dev
21:50 est31 joined #minetest-dev
21:56 johnwayne1986 joined #minetest-dev
22:01 johnwayne1986 joined #minetest-dev
22:01 johnwayne1986 joined #minetest-dev
22:09 leat joined #minetest-dev
22:10 sloantothebone joined #minetest-dev
22:13 proller joined #minetest-dev
22:29 celeron55 > Could u help me out? I'm looking to make a minetest like game that I could sell but people will be able to mod and have fun with could u help?
22:29 celeron55 i just love these emails, this one is totally crazy too d8-)
22:31 johnwayne1986 i get emails about viagra... :-?
22:31 kilbith my favourite is : http://irc.minetest.ru/minet​est-dev/2015-01-13#i_4108628
22:32 johnwayne1986 have you noticed #3087 already?
22:32 ShadowBot https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/3087 -- Worsening of glitch bug
22:36 celeron55 kilbith: i wonder how i could attract more weird and crazy people to send emails about minetest to me
22:41 johnwayne1986 anyway, gn8
22:49 leat joined #minetest-dev
22:59 leat joined #minetest-dev
23:41 Siva_AndroIRC joined #minetest-dev
23:51 est31 okay launchpad is updated now too
23:51 est31 and f-droid got a merge request for updating
23:51 est31 didnt try the build though :/
23:57 wischi2 joined #minetest-dev

| Channels | #minetest-dev index | Today | | Google Search | Plaintext